2009 Special Issue feeback

David Ashby - Moderator

Advert

got mine. read a few bits. As always i thoughly enjoy reading it next to the picture window, in the armchair, with a cuppa and a choccy biccy. Its the simple things in life eh? BUT where are the coloumns? There the best bit. but i supose alex, nigel and pete have done some tutorials which are a good idea instead of a load of reviews.

Just to say -well done Tony !
What a cracker of a plan ! Havn't read the destructions yet but looks like I might have to put some liteply on my next shopping list or use balsa sandwiched between thin plywood for some of the parts & 4 small servos as well
Myron
Trouble is that I have a couple of other projects on the go already.More the merrier Eh ?
G-UMPY ONE

Doesn't really affect me, but why are readers from NZ excluded from the competition?
On second thoughts, perhaps everyone that doesn't live on my road should be excluded.
(....click whirr buzz.... by my calculation that would shorten the odds to 1 in 4 so.... )

Excellent mag. though, just skimmed it now but will read it cover to cover in spare time, take about 2 weeks (slow reader, prolongs enjoyment) 

I can start the clock on the six weeks it takes to get them out here to Oz.. 

My local news agent has just got the August issue in this week! It feels like reading yesterday's newspaper - it's always a good read but you still feel a bit left behind...

Edited By Shaun K on 24/09/2009 22:43:38

Posted by ken anderson. on 24/09/2009 20:14:51:
got mine this morning-the fullsize lysander article is good reading as is timbo's electric stuff--on the downside look's like young asher's pic has had the airbrush applied to it slightly..........................

ken anderson.......

LOL, our re-touch dept clocked up a bit of overtime on that one!

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 25/09/2009 08:06:02

Thanks for a great issue!

I don't buy every issue, but I made a special trip and braved the horrors of Telford town centre today just to be sure of a copy of that luvverly Lizzie plan.

In Dave Roberts super article on the full-sized Lizzie there are a couple of pics of the tandem-winged Wendover, and the accompanying caption asks if is 'brave enough to try modelling it?'

Well, funnily enough, I've had a bash at this very aeroplane a couple of years ago.  Spanning some 40", and weighing 17oz, I have to say that thois model flew very nicely indeed (although there were quirks in the ground-handling that left a little to be desired).

I hope nobody minds if I add a couple of pics?

tim

No wonder the lysander flew a lot of night ops its so ugly .
Very nice plan and a cracking model  if ugly is your kind of thing.

The Albatros DV now thats what I call a good looking aeroplane, nice article.

Hold that tune ,brilliant .

Tim Mackey shedding more light on the Black art of electrickery, excellent  .

EDF rocks, I want one .

Kelvin