Are we an ageing hobby?

hi, not the oldest by far 74yrs. started when 30yrs. had to give up till 40 then started again. will keep going till no longer can so relaxing. fly the old  J.60. Super 60. Big Ship. Taylor craft. Buckaneer.All the Old time faves. All electric as we can't use I/C. Shame.     .      Club. W&DMFC. 

Advert

Elec Scale

11; after I had spent 3 years trying to find someone who knew what longerons were, so I knew which bits to pin to the plan. Then I stuck pins through the longerons (about 1/8 square) into a hardboard building board. My fingers were raw but the model (a KK glider) flew.

NPJ aged 70.

An Uncle bought me a kit when I was 7.............I was not allowed to touch it and it was kept, in its box,on top of the wardrobe.  Was never built!

Keil Kraft rubber in later years until age 15.  Then  long gap. to something like 2002, when after a stroke, I took up the hobby again to improve my coordination.  IC and now just starting to look at electrics.

NPJ

Started about 10years old with KK rubber & gliders, free plans in the Eagle Annual.  Moved on to control line. Married in 1968.  Took up radio controlled sloping in 1986 and after brief flirtation with the oily side now do sloping & electric. Some P. S. S. & semi scale electrics.
Age 66.  

1. 68

2. Elec sport & scale / Slope / Elec heli

3. 12 from 1953 (C/L stunt and A2 gliders) with gap for family production - Keilkraft Hawker Hurricane that wouldn't fly. First success Veron Gnome. Still have and run my 2 ED Racers!

Age 59

Started by my dad making free flight gliders and small diesel engined power free flight

Had a go at building some own design bi=plane at about 14, then lost interest cos had to concentrate on school things and girls popped up too

Re-ignited interest after Uni when bought and built a Super60 and my first very expensive set of RC equipment  in mid-70s

Still interested now primarily in power sport flying and scale models