How much are your club fees each year?

Advert

40 quid (PA) for me, a junior, including BMFA. I think about £100 for a senior, not sure.
But the joining fee is less than normal at a dismal £35, including things like a restraint etc... as well as BMFA membership. But the field, compared with many is actually very bad, in a valley, near a road, with a hill in front of us which causes very wierd pockets of air...

Sheldon

The subject of joining fees has been discussed quite a lot lately - in fact it was reduced at the last AGM from £25.  I think its fair really - as a brand new member has access to and benefits from all that the long term members have put in to the club over and above simply paying their fees.  Several members contribute their time and labour on projects to make a club what it is, and certain facilities and benefits only exist because of past effort.  Another consideration, albeit smaller IMO is the admin cost and work involved in processing a new member. I think joining fees apply to many such clubs, not just aeromodellers.

£50 exc BMFA and worth every penny. We fly off a full sized tarmac runway, Hace exclusive use of the site and can fly from dawn to dusk 7 days a week. No obsticalls for miles. The best site I have ever flown from. Club hut for wet weather and a secure site only able to be accessed by members. Superb
Garry

Posted by ken anderson. on 16/05/2010 14:40:53:
i also believe we are the second largest club in the uk........beat that.....

ken anderson........ ne 1..

How many members do you have Ken?  What do you reckon is the biggest club in the UK - and how many members do you reckon they have?

OK - and now us...  Epsom Downs MAC.  No rent to pay so our fees only have to cover stationery,  postage,  grass-cutting etc.  Which means we're currently still able to have an annual fee of £5 plus BMFA membership.

Our club...which is named Blyth Valley Radio Model Club has at our last count 120 members-last year we had 140+...as the year go's on we normally increase our number's.....the biggest-i dont know....ccc carr who is off on holiday...will let us know when/if he get's back.......

ken anderson....ne 1.....

I might need to push you down to "third largest club in the uk" then Ken...

We ended last year on 297,  a small increase on the previous year.  Currently we have 257 with a few members still to emerge from their winter hibernation and renew!

Elmbridge Model Club say they are "one of the largest model clubs in the UK, with over 180 members."

Edited By John Privett on 16/05/2010 20:28:15

Fortunately they never all turn up at once Steve! 

That number includes some who only fly free-flight and quite a lot who mostly fly elsewhere but occasionally fly with us.  We don't have "social" members, and no club nights either - the only reason our members join is to be able to fly on the Downs. 

We do fly 7 days a week (except days when there's horse racing) so there's plenty of flying time for all.  Last weekend the weather wasn't brilliant,  but not too bad.  I went up late on Sunday (I think) afternoon and there were only 3 of us flying.

We used to have the use of four sites which we rotated round. These were Sunday only sites. This cost us a bottle of Whisky and a big box of Quality Street for each site owenr per year plus BMFA insurance. Memberhsip limited to 15.

This year we have rented a couple of acres and the site owner has limited us to 12 members,(No one lost their place as we had vacancies at the time)  cost is £100 per year but we now have unlimited use of the  field. The best part is that it only 5 minutes drive from my house and I can actually see if people are flying from my bedroom window.

Handy if there any "Poachers"

As I can see we are rather at the high end of membership cost her in Italy.
110€/year (insurance included) - the field has a well maintained grass runway.
We are currently 125 in the club.

Looking at our neighbour clubs - fees are pretty much the same.
So no need to change.

This makes 2€/weekend (as I don't have the time to fly during the week) and brings a lot of fun. So I don't mind paying the membership fee.