World Cup

Jonathan Lewzey

Advert

Yea, well, i think we play them next, or have they flogged us already, never mind, being a under dog country in this sport, it really matters not, who wins, but if we do get up and beat , Apalatoin team, if they have one, will be a bonus, until then.........
A.A.Barry

Edited By A.A. Barry on 14/06/2010 12:06:42

LOL thought this might spark all the guys who can't stand football  gotta say though on the people who spoil it, its usually only a select few IMO, altho i think i'd be one of them if some guy was sitting next to me blowing one of the horns for the whole match  hoped they'd get bored after a few games but seems we're stuck with it

as for eastenders  

excellent wor'keith, you're literally flying the flag

todays games look good, see what holland look like soon and italy this evening  well impressed by germany  altho sending off was harsh

next england game against algeria i'd put cole on the left, use defoe's pace off rooney's passing instead of heskey, probably stick with the rest, be interesting to see if barry gets in the side though

Edited By Jonathan Lewzey on 14/06/2010 12:17:30

Edited By Jonathan Lewzey on 14/06/2010 12:20:31

"Rugby is a game for hooligans played by Gentlemen" yeah so i suppose stamping punching bitting ears in the scrum and fake blood capsules thats all gentleman behaviour is it, dont make me laugh, you rugby fans wear blinkers, i know i played rugby football and hockey for years at national level as a teenager and they are all as bad as each other especially women hockey players wooowow!! DIRTY SO AND SOS!!

can i also say to those people who call proffesionals" overpaid idiots " do you know these people you refer to, have you met them and yet you pass judgement on them without a thought, are you just listening to the tabloids here or are you making your own mind up without even talking to these people, i dont know many of you on the forum and as such i would never dream of calling you idiots or any other of slur, if you don't like football thats fine! don't comment, this post was aimed at people who do!

*lee steps down of box gets inside and cools off* 

*lee cooled of once again rises to the box*

i thought we played quite well in the second half, its just so dissapointing again to have lost points to another goalkeeping glanger, honestly we have not had a good keepeer since Seaman

i was suprised as to the performance of milner and lennon to a certain amount i would also give cole a go on the left! we have to win the next one

Posted by Peter Miller on 14/06/2010 08:42:49:
Twenty two overpaid louts kicking a lump of leather round a field.

They don't even kick real leather these days, Peter. They get overpaid for kicking high tech plastic

This made me laugh !
Now that "Anything goes on the thread" so to speak,I must tell you what happened on the night of the England match . As some of you might know, my abode & campervan have been vandalised since I came here .
The house opposite, where I know for a fact one of them lives,  is adourned with St George flags (& includes an upside down union flag).
Just after the match started I heard a noise ,I looked out the window and saw three large pigeons that regularly visit my bird table doing what they do this time of year whatever on their TV aerial ,They obviously had a problem with reception & came out to see what what was happening (dressed in England "t" shirts ,the whole bizz )
The aerial looks like something you'd find in a skip.
I wonder whether they actually saw the match ?

Hi Lee - That was probably aimed at me.  Below is a copy of my first post 
"I played a lot of football in times past. I like football and I like watching the big tournaments such as this and have my own opinions.

However I cant help thinking I'm sat in a Bee hive while watching it!  Best of all it gets louder when the African countries play!  Hmm - Great! "

I was quoting a saying - thats not my  opinion and I'm not a rugby fan !!   I tend to agree with what you say.  Strange really - A footballer throws a punch on TV and it makes national news - In rugby its the tension of the match and the offender gets get sent to the Sin Bin for 10 minutes. I only ever played hockey once against a womens team - that was the first and last time! 

I'm very surprised at how narrow minded some people on this forum are ! The World Cup, like the Olympics is a chance for the whole world to come together and play a sport. Now football, like it or not is the most popular sport in the world so it's going to have a huge following and dominate TV for a few weeks. If that spoils Eastenders for you (and to be honest I can't stand any of the soaps) then I'm sorry but let's not complain, why don't we support our great nation..... Let's face it, with our performance against the US, we need all the support we can get !

Edited By James40 on 14/06/2010 13:21:08

I'm sorry to disagree james40 but what's great about this country thats not from our history. Not a lot i suspect. We can't even string together a football team out of nearly 70million people. Football clubs in this country certainly don't shop for the best players on these shore's do they. We only have ourselves to blame.

Hi Alan, no it was never aimed at you i spotted it was a comment and that was what i was responding to i fly with Rugby followers up here in Leigh and i have hear that comment too many times so i put them right too!!
watch rugby and see the elbows stamping spear tackles and punches and then tell me its a gentlemans sport

as for the overpaid bit, well put it into context and look at other high earners, golfers tennis players basketball and baseball players and also top executives (who can earn this sum of money far longer than a footballer can) please also remember that the silly amounts of money that you see in the papers is only for the 1% of players that actuall y make the premership and trust me the work you have to put in and the talent you have to have to make the top level is staggering (i was with england schoolboys for a year and nobody i was with has made the premiership)

Paul i am sorry you feel the way you do about this country and where you live, i for one do not experience anything near what you have mentioned but lets face it you could always live in america, china, south africa etc etc where the crime rate is ridiculous and the health service is non existant, at least we dont live in fear for our lives everyday (unless you are on the M25) and are free to say what we want (most of the time) without fear of arrest or persecution

still come on the lads 2 wins and we qualify !! come on England !!!

@James40
You've hit the nail right on the head with your post.

I can't quite believe some of the drivel and rubbish that is posted at times - and let's face it - as we all play with model aeroplanes we are not starting from a very strong position when it comes to casting judgement on others.

These days I fly as a lone hand, or with a couple of friends.  At times, my mind wanders about re-joining a club.  But then the thought of a 40 mile round trip to be in the company of the sort of people who who write some of these posts, probably read the Daily Mail and think the coalition Government will do a good job snaps me back into reality.

As I look out of my office window, ("working" from home today') I can see one house with six Cross of St George flags on it. One in each window, a larger one draped between the bedroom windows, one pinned to the roof tiles and another one on a stick attached to the chimney stack. For good measure the Plantagenet(?) coat of arms, the three lions, decorates the front door! Next to that one is another house with just one flag draped between the bedroom windows.

It's a good job that I can't see my side of the street as the house two doors away has several flags on display and my immediate neighbour has one suspended from the bedroom windows. This is not to mention the flags on the cars.

As I look down onto my drive I can see my Rover 75, my 1974 Rover 2000 and my Triumph motorcycle.

I don't feel the necessity to wear my patriotism on my sleeve and I'm not a great football fan but it's a great and truely international competition and I hope the boys do well.

Come on England!

Posted by David Davis Telemaster Sales UK on 14/06/2010 15:14:44:

I don't feel the necessity to wear my patriotism on my sleeve and I'm not a great football fan but it's a great and truely international competition and I hope the boys do well.

Come on England!

David - one of this year's more balanced posts...

marc ! top post !!
 shame about the club thing though whilst you are correct and some people in my club do have the whingers setting on full and they can bug me at times this is far outweighed by thebenefits and the others who are part of the club atmosphere
and i can't help thinking that you are missing out by flying alone !!  as i always say finding a club is like finding a wife, not always the first one you come to is the one for you !!

as for flags etc all the other countrys do it so why not let em!! its only once every 4 years and its only for a couple of weeks !!!

would give green one more chance though i looks as though he is not letting it bother him too much so i think we should forgive and get on with it !!

3-0 against algeria

Edited By Lee Smalley on 14/06/2010 15:37:19

I was at the Ghana game on Sunday , I'm not really a footie fan but as its over here I might as well make the most of it.

With a little imagination you could blame the noise from  "the plastic horns" for the goalies fumble if it would make you feel better about it