HK Orange Rx

Erfolg

Advert

Posted by Erfolg on 27/01/2011 13:16:20:
JC

The fail-safe mode is the last item in the program list, when only using mode key.

It is normally set at 20%. Either on or off. Which is switched on or off with the data input lever. It is has two settings NRL (normal) or OFF.

It is when I switch off that the servos start twitching. I guess I am either misinterpreting the instructions or doing something wrong. I have left the setting at NRL, as all seems well in this condition.

Sorry, but no it doesn't. The plus/minus switch switches the small indicator between NOR and F/S (not OFF).

NOR IS OFF!!!!! Switched to F/S you then get the percentage, which is variable, set by the throttle setting when you engage F/S.

For FRSKy you use NOR, i.e. no Tx Fail Safe set!!!!

Thanks Dan, that explains why everything was initially fine. As the Tx was set on Nor.

I misread that F/S meant Fail safe setting, although pretty obvious on reflection.

I now need to read how to set the failsafe on the Rx, now I have inadvertently got the Tx correctly set, whilst thinking i had made some mistake (other than i had suspected that I had not read or interpreted the manual correctly).

A further note on these Receivers - as most people dont read the 'non existant' docs.

The recievers have two power modes.

Low Power & High Power

You can swap betweeen the modes by holding down the bind button for 6 seconds when powering the receiver up. (with the tx off) You will notice this causes the light to flash at a different speed - when the TX is off.

Fast Flash => High Power
Slow Flash => Low Power

What does all this mean?

Unless you are running servo's that require high power - turn it off!

We have seen some micro servo's simply jitter.. to the worst ... a puff of smoke!

Hope you read this before blowing up a servo like we did

Rob

Posted by Erfolg on 27/01/2011 18:21:33:
An obvious question following on from your description of how to set to" high power", how do you reset to "low power"?

It's a toggle.......do it again.............

To set fail safe on the Rx get it up and working to the Tx, Tx failsafe "off" (Norm on a 6EX).

Set all the controls where you want (I usually set my slopers to be full up elevator, power to be no throttle, as all I'm doing is ensuring that any crash will be "IN FIELD") and press the only button there is very briefly. The LED will flash green once. Fail Safe Set!!! Test and enjoy....

I think these Rx are GREAT!! Have seven in use now, two Orange, rest FRSky. Two more about to go into planes.

The FRSky cased ones are IMO better than the Orange one as the case does not cramp the Ch 1 plug and has polarisation slots, but is marginally larger.

Edited By Bravedan on 28/01/2011 06:49:38

Hiya all. I know this is a bit late but the explanation by John Privett (10/09/2010) was absolutely first class, I, a comparative newcomer understood every word. Many thanks John.
Geoff

• 1 month later...
I recently acquired an Orange FASST rx to go with my Futaba T 7C 2.4Ghz transmitter.
Just getting round to the binding process but my RX did not come with any instructions.
Can anyone point out EXACTLY where the bind button/switch is positioned on the receiver. Thanks
KRBDorset

Posted by Keith Burrows on 02/03/2011 18:10:59:
I recently acquired an Orange FASST rx to go with my Futaba T 7C 2.4Ghz transmitter.
Just getting round to the binding process but my RX did not come with any instructions.
Can anyone point out EXACTLY where the bind button/switch is positioned on the receiver. Thanks
KRBDorset

Here you go..... 

Edited By r6dan on 02/03/2011 18:22:25

Hi Keith

Click Picture to enlarge

Hope this helps
Assume you know the binding process

Turn on Tx - Hold down bind button then apply power to Rx (This
can be a bit tricky) I did it with a spare Rx battery conected via a switch harness.

JC

Edited By JayCee on 02/03/2011 20:03:59

Thanks for Pics.
It is as I assumed but was baffled as I couldn't get a successful bind.
Following your reply I realise my mistake was in attaching the battery to the Rx FIRST.
Bind now completed.
Thanks again
Keith

i run some orange spectrum rx's in small whirly things though i have purchased the satelite receivers to go with them and would fit them into any model with confidence
i use futaba for my fixed wing flying and the £20 receiver to but in my foamy slopers sounds a fantastic idea as these do get a beating.

• 2 months later...
I've just bagged two of these for £7.50 inc P&P

4.99 6Ch OrangeRx DSM2 Receiver Sale!

Get in fast while the sale lasts!
They wont get any cheaper than this!
The Orange Rx is currently on sale for $4.99, but only for a short time, so be quick before they're all gone or the sale ends.

The OrangeRx receiver has proven itself as the most reliable and best built DSM2 clone Receiver. Offering a robust link and reliable connection with any DSM2 Air radio. Why bother with a fake when you can have the quality of an OrangeRx & with local warranty in USA,Germany or Australia!?

Key features.
Super light weight 3.7g / 9.8 grams with case.
Compatible with DSM2 aircraft radio and module systems.
6 Channels.
Compact design 19.5mm x 30mm x 10mm, with case 43x22x13mm.
Short 29mm antennas for mounting in almost any location.
Input voltage: 3.7~9.6V.
Satellite port included.

Warranty.
12 Month replacement guarantee!

*Sale ends 11pm GMT

..click here for more information

I have just bought four from HK. At least I hope I have because I could only order two at a time, so ordered two then went back later and ordered another pair.

Well on my way to changing all my slope soarers from 35 Mhz to 2.4. Ghz.

.....and 9 days later my 2 receivers arrive from HK, I'm very impressed.

I plan on using these in 2 depron slow park flyers. I want to build something that my 8 year old son can have a go with without fearing an expesive crash, should be ideal.

I just need a design now.

• 3 months later...
I have just bought one of these receivers.I am thinking of putting it in my V Trainer and taking out the ar6200 to use in one of my other planes. Hope i am doing the right thing.