The November 2010 issue

IanN

Advert

hmm quite disappointed at the zlin review i was looking forward to that only to read just about how he (i normally really like his stuff) tried to turn what blatantly is not a 3d machine (nor should it ever be) into one and ...well failed (not surprisingly) i was really looking forward reading that review !!

Looking a bit more closely I see our esteemed (not Steamed Up) A Whittaker is perhaps planning to make more accurate fire kindling sticks by adding digital readouts to his Winkie W*ankie machines' "AXES". Ho Hum. Anyway his view of the (English) British Nationals certainly reflected much of what I had heard of the 2010 event.

Keep the momentum going lads, much more interesting than .......

A shame the Hitec Aurora review cost Graham his favourite model
with a faulty Rx & unfortunate for Hitec that it got through their QC
procedure to a magazine reviewer.
Bit of confusion with the telemetry stuff. A voltage sensor would be
very useful for electric flight but doesn't seem to be getting any
advertising.
Useful info from T.N. on painting film.
Looking forward to a review from Alex Whittaker on the kit he
received from PB models.

• 2 weeks later...
Still waiting for mine, possibly delayed in our internal work post "system" or ...........?

Have had a peek at the Digital Edition though.  Needed to see what was said about the World Models Senior Frontier 46 as assembling one of those at the moment.

It will carry aloft my new GoPro HD camera bought in Hong Kong recently for in flight filming of our Warbird Squadron formation flying and eventually also be used for a spot of glider towing.

Ran the new engine in it last Friday (our weekend here) and possibly a bit over the top fitting an OS 72 Alpha in it, can always throttle back !!

Hope the mag arrives soon.

Think that some over wintered German submarine have sunk the mailship from the UK :-/ Wait an till I get my spitfire flyable, That Gerry sub will be short lived....
I shuold had my copy last week, my newspaper aget told me so, but it is late.
Now I hope that this great magazine arriweing tomorrow
 I was looking forward to read about the Aurora rewiew, then I read  here that Graham had some problem with the radio set-up. My deapest shympaties (not shure i spelled that right :-/ ) of Grahams lost of Modelplane.

Keep up the good work. P

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have just found out from my newsaget that there will be no November issues of RCM&E in sweden. The reason is that some AAAAARRRRGGHH!! '' Bottom hole'' have send all magazines that was suppose to be shipped to sweden down to South Africa...
Yeas you read right.. South Africa.. And on top of that will it be to expancive to order more copies and take to long time, so the company that brings in this great magazine to sweden have decided to skip the November issue totally...
So now I need to calm down to think out a plan B how to get my hands of a November issue...
But not to day, I am far away to irritated and upset.......

BR Peter H

And yes , this would be part solved if I had a subscription, but in my job I travel and want to buy the magazin in the place I work when it comes out here..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Tony Gower on 16/11/2010 12:01:47:
I obviously missed it. Where is the reference to the lovely Miss Kenya model, shown on the front cover

That's what I've been searching for. Not even mentioned in the "This Month's Cover" section on page 5. Brilliant detailing on the aeroplane. Tell us more!