Pick a Plane 2011

Advert

1 Robinson Redwing-a rare 'side by side' pilot/student design that was very stable. Only 12 were made one for actor Will Hay. The Redwing company were located in Bensham Lane/Lucerne Road Thornton heath where I lived as a child. In the 1930's Redwings owned Gatwick Airport before it was developed. There is an excellent museum at Gatwick that is well worth a visit. You can climb into a number of military aircraft including a 'live' Shackleton. they have a Redwing fuselage side. A complete Redwing is based at Redhill Airport.

Choice 2--SE5

Choice 3--Neuport Scout

MJE 

1. Fairey Swordfish for .60-.70 4s or electric:

2. Hawker Hunter T.Mk 7 EDF with a decent low pitching moment airfoil and washout so that it can also be flown off a slope:

3. (...after much thought) Messerschmidt 109 G, preferably a late model such as a G-10:

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 31/12/2010 06:45:07

my vote would go to a planes that are not readily available as builds and in some cases not that common ( as far as i can see anyway) as ARTF.

raf chipmunk trainer, perhaps with the option of canadian airforce canopy
mustang
zero

ideally the model should be capable of a realistic priced electric conversion. i.e 4s or 5s maximum

jim

I would like to see a u2 spy plane one of these

Edited By r6dan on 26/12/2010 20:43:48

Edited By r6dan on 26/12/2010 20:44:16

de Havilland Dragon, nice straight wings, slab fuselage, easy to build twin

Fairey Fantome - the most beautiful biplane EVER built, or

Ryan STA - lots of lovely cowls and spats  and curves and wires around a fairly simple oval fuselage

If I had a REAL choice I would go right out there with the Miles M35 Libuella....

Hi Guys,

I have had a rough count of the votes,its taken me ages! Here Go,s...............................

DH Mosquito - 22 votes

FW 190 Butcher Bird - 21 votes

DH Rapide - 19 votes

Fairey Swordfish - 15 votes

Avro Vulcan - 13 votes

Both The P38 Lightning and DH Dove/Devon Tie on 9 votes a piece! The Westland Wirlwind is on 4 votes from what i can see,sorry Barry! Please note all these are only rough counts,though as much as the mossie is lovely,surely 2 was enough from TN?
Anyway good luck one and all,those extra votes can tip the scales!