Pick a Plane 2011

Tony's up for a challenge in 2011 once again so we'd like Modelflying.co.uk members and RCM&E readers to vote for the model they'd like Tony to design in 2011. The winning aircraft will be the free plan design in our Autumn Special Issue.

It's important to bear in mind what's gone before and exclude from your voting the machines Tony has designed already -

Spitfire
Typhoon
Lysander
Halifax
Lancaster
B-17
Hurricane

That leaves plenty more enticing subjects though if previous voting has been anything to go by so just leave a post below stating your top three choices.

Pretty much anything goes although adoption of the winner will be subject to Tony's confirmation of the practical viabilities - in reality we don't anticipate a problem but then we don't know what the winner will be.Please vote once only, thanks.

A separate chat thread exists alongside this so folks can chat about the voting and subject matter etc. Please leave comments and thoughts there......

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 17/11/2010 15:03:33

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 18/11/2010 12:59:15

Advert

Mmm,

how about...

1. DH Rapide - but those pointed wings might pose a problem?

2. Fairey Swordfish - the old "Stringbag"

3. The Beautiful Hawker Hind (Aaahhhh!)

No ARTF's of any of them I believe (except an expensive huge one of the Sowrdfish)  and all lovely aeroplanes.

Yes, I know what you're thinking "Doesn't he move beyond the 1930's". No he doesn't really  

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother on 17/11/2010 14:44:26

A lot of the above types have been modelled before. I'd like to see something thats never been done before while being an inspirational and interesting design.

I don't think any of these have been done before:

1) The new Cirrus SRS, a light sport aircraft. Challenging compound curves could be tackled with mouldings. I'm sure you'll agree it looks just right

2) Recently, Peter Besenyei started flying a new racing aircraft in the Red Bull Air Race - the Corvus Racer. Built in Hungary it arguably looks better than the edge/extra line and would make a great modelling subject.

3) Finally, a personal favourite of mine, the Beech starship. I think this would look epic as a model and I don't think its been done before despite deing around for a while. it is quite complicated, but I'm sure it could be done

...large enough for functioning retracts.

It could be finished as either a military or civilian version to suit most tastes...

Alternatively,
Short Skyvan
Wright Flyer (that does!)

P.S. I wonder what AA Barry's choice will be when the sun rises in Oz?

Edited By Martin Harris on 17/11/2010 17:14:07