Pick a Plane 2011

Advert

Why is there so little interest in WW1 jobs? What about a juicy German albatross?
ernie

>>>>>>Just one vote please Ernie - please let me know if you'd ike to add 2 more>>>>
David

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 19/11/2010 07:37:49

I like the ideas Jonathan.

My personnal preference this year would be to see us NOT ask Tony to build a British WW2 era aircraft. WW2 era would be fine as long as the subject is from another nation. Variety is after all the spice of life.

I think a twin of some sort would be great probably electric & below the 7kg weight limit that applies on a number of club fields up & down the country. My personnal preferences therefore are as follows....

1. P38 Lightning
2. Me 110
3. Grumman Tigercat (having seen one fly at Seattle Seafair this summer)

May the best plane win.

I would add my vote for the DH Dove airliner, undermodelled so far but my fave suggestion would be for a Leopard Moth (or any of the other high wing monoplane moths

beautiful aeroplanes and would make fine models.  Even a 60 powered version could be 100 " span.

stu k 

There seems to be a building number of golden era non-military types popping up here.

PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE Tony, I want one of these: 1937 Spartan Executive 7W. 50-60 size, big enough for retracts but small enough to be manageable. I promise I'd buy the parts kit for that!! 

1/7 scale comes in at a tidy 67" span. It ticks all the boxes for me - looks great, not often modelled, could be done with a simple colour scheme for those wanting a quick build or in great detail for the scale enthusiast.

2. To support other previous ideas - I like the look of the Grumman Cougar / Beechcraft Bonanza / general light commercial twins

3.  Ryan ST - Would be a delight pottering around on a nice 4-stroke!