Pick a Plane 2011

Advert

For personal and sentimental reasons, the Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle.

Of following the Ed's experience with the Mew Gull, how about another Alex Henshaw associated aircraft rarity, the Arrow Active. 

Last try?  There is a lovely aircraft hanging from the ceiling inside Prague airport.  It is , I believe,  an Aero 45

Plummet

Edited By Plummet on 18/11/2010 09:27:39

The aeroplane wants to be something sufficiently recogniseable as to generate enough people who want to build it, but sufficiently obscure so as to not be over-modelled already.

Here's a few potential candidates from my "must build one day"

1. Douglas Boston - an electric twin in the Flair Beaufighter sort of size, big enough for retracts and flaps.
2. Bell P-39 Airacobra - very undermodelled aeroplane - a 1/6th scale version of this little beauty would pan out at about 68" span - big enough for a tricycle set of retracts and flaps.

3. Grumman Martlet  - 1/6th scale or thereabouts, same deal as for the P-39. 

The above would all appeal to UK and US markets

OK three choices in three different categories.

1st unashamedly the long awaited ARTF Chris Foss Wot 4 Foam-E more fun per £ than any off my other models, used and abused at the club site and local fields, flow almost daily and still going strong!

So:- 1st
        2nd SE5a
        3rd De Havilland Tiger Moth DH82A

JC

Moderator amendment/note - foam RTF design (WOT4) removed as first choice. There are no formal categories. Please PM David Ashby with your revised 1st choice.   

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 18/11/2010 13:21:54