Biggles' Mess

I thought back in the 70/80's John Dodd was done for driving a Merlin powered suedo Rolls Royce at over 200mph. Rolls Royce didn't like him using their radiator grille on the car. Was supposed to be too fast for the speed cameras of the day. I believe it later caught fire and was completely burnt out. It was capable of  200plus.

John

Edited By John Tee on 23/08/2012 17:29:50

Advert

The story so far, Cub elevator needs a strengthening wire to link the two halves, this isnt supplied so you have to make one from a bit of piano guts, Hinges are CA type which are OK but I changed then to pinned type.

The rudder and fin are ready slotted for the hinges but strangely not the elevator/stab so this is another job to do, havnt got to the ailerons yet to check them, everything seems to fit together quite well the tail end of the fuze has a vertical post that needs to be cut and cleared to allow the stab to slide into its slot.

Just a quick request. Has anyone out there a photographic scanner that will scan a 127 roll-film negative, this is a one-off. 16 exposure on 127 film format. A landscape Taken by me about 55 years ago. (Or a chemical enlargement will be good too, I sold all my darkroom stuff years ago.sad)

Just need one small positive print. Costs will be covered. Thanks. PM Me please.

RC thrust vectoring perhaps, getting the balance right would be very hard!

I'll add that to my 'planes to build in the future' list, alongside Concorde, a Vulcan, big Petrol Spitfire, Red Arrows Hawk and an English Electric Lightning! All ambitious (apart from the Spit maybe) but that is half the fun!

CS

Edited By ConcordeSpeedbird on 25/08/2012 12:07:05

Time marcges on and little Cub has inherited a nice lump of power up front, decided the wimpy undercarriage may be OK for landing on a big sheet of tarmac but not where I go so it now has a more meaningful bit of hardware.

dscn9798.jpg

Undercart fitted and internally redecorated in a trendy shade of puke green, SWMBO said it would look nice with a wooden prop so a quick ferret in the deep dark reccess of my emporium revealed a nice Turnigy lightweight 9x5 made of Cherry I think.

dscn9800.jpg

I am having all sorts of bother with this system, I have to sign in every time I drop in as it still wont save my details, the little 'remember me' box comes and goes like a lost Hampster and when I add images to a posting it has a mind of its own.

I have to do the typing leaving spaces for images then go back and add the images after because if I add an image it wont let me type any more text, quite often once one image is present it wont let me add any more, then there is the problem of the site being so slow Internet E.8 times-out and I lose the lot.

Again quite often it wont let me paste a posting back into the box even if I bothered to copy it, in all it is a battle of wills to get it done plus it is a pain in the butt taking two or three times longer than it should.

Edited By Terence Lynock on 25/08/2012 19:00:29

Just nipped in for a quick coffee, now Im back into balsa bashing, Iv spent a lot of time on the pc finding kit makers , you have the well known ones like Flair, Galaxy, DB,etc but what of the old small makers, like cloud, Cambrian,skyways, having just recieved a Hawk following on from the tiger moth I am building from skyways, It got me thinking wouldnt it be nice if our fav mag done a round up of the cottage kit makers, in the US they big selection of there own kits, Sig, Top Flight, etc so how about it RCM&E it mite give a boost to the small maker.

just a thought

Dnnis

Hi Terry, the Cub is coming along nicely - amazing what you can do with bog standard low cost ARTF if you invest a little TLC!

Sorry to hear about your problems. On the typing after photo insertion thing - I think you will find that the cursor is stuck just outside the bottom righthand corner of the photo. If you click your mouse just outside the right hand edge of the photo low down I think you should be able to pick the cursor up and carry on typing.

Another point, if you are using what Daithi calls "Internut Exploder" smile then make sure you are in compatability view. You'll find the thing to turn this on in the browser's "Tools" drop-down menu.

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 30/08/2012 11:52:08:

Hi Denis,

interesting idea. I'm not sure but it may have been mentioned in the thread on ideas for RCM&E articles. If not you might want to throw it into the pot!

BEB

Hi mate I need a coffee now as I went through every thread on that link and stuck my two pence worth in it, I just thought that it would be nice to have a up to date list of all the cottage kit makers in the UK, it has taken me weeks to find some as the old grey matter has forgoten most.

Dennis

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 23/08/2012 16:07:13:

Just heard on the news that the fastest ever prosecution for dangerous driving in the UK has happened. Apparently this guy was doing over 180mph in a modified Audi getaway car on the M6.

I'm just back from a holiday down-under in Oz. That story even made the TV News there.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 31/08/2012 15:05:01:

Capachino? Or Americano?

Sticky buns are on special offer this week - one for the price of two - can I interest you?

BEB

Strong no milk ta, while im tucking into the buns Iv just a nice new scroll saw, it's ideal for cutting out plan packs, but have you come across small table saws iv seen one for silly money but back in the day i had Minicraft saw,anyone know if these are still being made?

Dennis

Completely not modelling related but :-

Whilst having my second vat of tea and my crunchy nut this morning I was contemplating what needed to be done before I left for work.

My mind turned to shower, shave etc and I got thinking about our recent camping trip to the nats and the state of the washing/loo facilities.

Some how my mind wandered from there to personal hygiene/grooming products.

I have always thought of myself of a bit of a "Lad" - a mans man - "I don't need all of that girly stuff" but I counted that on any average day I use no less than 6 different products before I leave the house.

1. Shower Gel, 2. Shampoo, 3. Shaving foam/gel, 4. Toothpaste, 5. Mouth Wash, 6. Aftershave or body spray.

This seemed a bit much to me so I have been asking around at work - our 18 year old tea boy counted 11 and my wife counted only 7.

Is it just me or do I need to go back to nature? Anyone beat his 11?

P