PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Posted by Andy Meade on 01/06/2017 11:50:23:

I'm afraid not Matt, I'm only an amateur using amateur equipment frown

Awesome pics Andy - take no notice of Mr Grumpy.

Those shots of your Vulcan are outstanding - superbly scale. I was very pleased to learn that it wasn't your Vulcan that had the midair with the Lanc.

Advert

I agree with Kiwi Kid. Due to the unbounding enthusiasm of both Phil Cooke and Steve Houghton PSS goes from strength to strength. And I am learning to distinguish between a Spitfire and a Wellington Bomber - so all good. I have even bought a book, but don't tell anyone.

Glad you didn't mention either the power walking back from the pub or my hangover after only a can of cider and 2 pints of 5% home brewed ale. Just don't understand it. Could it be my age?

Great weekend.

Must book lodgings for the Lleyn - Phil where do you stay? If full, is anyone else booking B&B - don't want to share a bed obviously, but like the company. I want to avoid the "do you want a towel" B&B I stayed in last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! Just one week to go... Glad to see there's some pre-weekend discussion and excitement! - I do love our trips to the Lleyn - and when the weather plays ball it offers such a fantastic experience!!

I'm off work on the Friday, if the local forecast is good to fly I will set off asap once the commuter traffic has ceased so I could be there for ~1pm - for some airtime in the afternoon after a pub lunch? Of course the meet proper starts at 10am Saturday 1st - usual meet point at the Londis car par in Llanbedrog. More details HERE

For any PSSA members who haven't joined us on the Lleyn before I do implore you to make the effort - the extra travel is really worth it on a good forecast!! There's local slopes for all wind directions and many of them offer simply stunning backdrops.

Some Lleyn memories from years gone by for those who haven't travelled before (or have only been flying with us for a couple of seasons!) Look forward to seeing you all there!

simons t-33 4.jpg

rez and steve flying.jpg

pjceditimg_2794.jpg

pjceditimg_2335.jpg

lleyn%20aug%202011%20(sun)-508.jpg

lleyn aug 2011-460.jpg

editimg_8003.jpg

editimg_7493.jpg

alans stearman 5.jpg

a380-firstflight-090.jpg

a380 pair 1.jpg

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 24/06/2017 13:20:33

Posted by Andy Meade on 24/06/2017 08:57:19:
1 week to go guys! I'll be there from Thursday morning on nant-y-big campsite. See you soon!

I'll be there too on Friday about 7pm but in the valley. The girl did ask if I wanted to go on the same field as you but I told her you were too rowdy and to keep an eye on you guys! laugh

Thanks Matt - It's for fun, if you can call it that. It's my 3rd of 6 half marathons I'm running this year as part of my training for running in the Manchester marathon next April, when I shall be raising money for charity, probably MacMillans.

Sept 10th is my next one, the Great North Run from Newcastle to South Shields, then 3 weeks later I have the Cardiff half marathon, and the final half marathon of the road race season is in Stroud at the end of October. Plus a few 10k races in between.

Then the real graft begins then from the beginning of December, moving up from 13 miles to 20 miles ish, with 6AM starts on cold and frosty mornings. Flippin nutter! laugh