The joy of slope

That slope looks vaguely familiar........

Great Video Tim.....I'm seriously impressed with the quality from the camera.....particularly the way it handles the sun.....pointing my flycam into the sun results in white out with a black dot for the sun itself.....

Incidentally I have been pondering "Winter Hand Syandrome" recently....you know the one where you can't flare for landing because your fingers have frozen solid.........!! Personally I hate gloves of any kind when I'm flying.....I really can't get on with them..... A guy turned up at our power field recently with a RaydiioWarm Tx muff & was telling us all how good it was & I was thinking about trying one out but they aren't cheap at around 40 quid.....then I spotted this at our favourite Far Eastern model shop for a more wallet friendly 12.99 USD.....

Might be of interest to anyone who enjoys standing on a cliff top in a howling gale......

Advert

The only issue I have with these things is launching - as a mode one flyer, I need my right hand back on the sticks quickly after launch, and whenever I have tried these transmitter muffs in the past, I always struggled. I have some thin, but effective gloves from "Blacks" the outdoor shop - not cheap at around £30, but effective, and more importantly thin enough to allow some "stick feel". I did try the special gloves that are available, with the holes in the thumb tips, but on one occasion, the tx stick got caught in the hole, and made for some exciting flying for a brief moment.

You'd need a long lead from the slope back to your motorcycle Michael....

I'm sure they would work quite well actually but not cheap.....thats a couple of Wildthings worth!!!

I have wondered about these plus a bag of rechargeable AA cells from Maplin....no idea how well they might work but certainly interesting.....

I'm going away for a week again, hooray to the flat tree covered area called the New Forest and for the first time ever I was going to take an aeroplane on holiday with me.

Looks like being a flightless week, unless one of you kind chaps can point me to a suitable place around there to launch my Fusion

Posted by RichieW on 04/11/2011 17:55:44:

That video was brilliant Chris, Tim forwarded it to me tks Tim,
Showed the wife and even she got it .
Chris when are we going to see u and Les up the ? Orme next ?
Soon Hopefully Rich,
we have been waiting for a blistering So Westerly, when we can both go.
Glad to hear Tim's maidened the Granau. Have you flown the blizzard yet ?
Tim Have youi started that B52 ? if so post a link to the build thread.
Looking forward to the next visit.
chris
p.s Have you seen this one ?

Edited By Fubar on 05/11/2011 22:35:22

Had a good couple of hours session up the Orme this morning with a couple of kids from school. Had great fun flying formation with about 40 or so gulls. Unusually we did nt see anyone else. As a heads up for Orme flyers Marine drive will be closed in the morning for Wales GB rally inspection drive, then closed next weekend for the main event.

Jon

Posted by Conwy Soarer on 06/11/2011 14:49:35:
Had a good couple of hours session up the Orme this morning with a couple of kids from school. Had great fun flying formation with about 40 or so gulls. Unusually we did nt see anyone else. As a heads up for Orme flyers Marine drive will be closed in the morning for Wales GB rally inspection drive, then closed next weekend for the main event.

Jon

Tim and I were up there yesterday and had it all to ourselves .... ok it was a little cold with the Northerly wind but the lift was superb! . I think a lot of people are starting indoor flying at this time of the year ..... bunch of pussies! 

Edited By Marty Ball on 06/11/2011 15:39:55

Edited By Marty Ball on 06/11/2011 15:40:29