Advert

Posted by Alan B on 30/06/2011 20:17:08:
Am I being a bit blonde or missing something? "what happened over where?" is it the dark side or something?

KR Al (confused)

Teddy was ejected from the pram, or alternatively, 'It was handbags at dawn', over on another forum, Alan........

Pete

Personally I don't care how this or 'the other site' is split, as I'll always select Latest Posts, Unread Posts or whatever similar option is offered. Then I'll cherry-pick interesting thread titles regardless of which section they are in.
As for lurking, if I've nothing to contribute, I'll keep quiet while hoping to learn from those who do have something to say (quiet at the back there with your 'how come you ever get to post then?)

Thanks Pete

Less said I suppose. As far as forums are concerned. I have looked at others usually when following a link for something (usually Helis as the coverage on here is quite minimal and its more geared to fixed wing). What I found is a lot of them are a mess - confusing - and not easy on the eye. This one is so easy to use and well set up. Thats probably why it now has just over 20,000 members. I dont think there are many around that can boast that. Its probably why its held my attention for nearly 4 Yrs. However going off thread "and i'm still not a Lurker!"

Well done RCM&E

I'm here as well. I read everything posted whether it interests me or not, it's amazing what little snippets of information you can pick up about building issues, power and kits (or ARTF) etc: I also lurk but I do also post although a lot of my posts do tend to end a thread. Cheers all
Geoff

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 30/06/2011 20:02:34:

As Lee says....look what happened "over there" when they did that

Does "young ashers" (to briefly adopt Ken-speak) let you go and look "over there" Tim? I thought they'd chained you to this forum...

For what it's worth, I too just click on the "latest posts" link and rarely even notice what board a particular post is actually posted in, so most of the time the actual boards are irrelevant. Where it does make a difference is if you're searching through old posts for something specific. (A proper search facility - not just working on titles - would help a lot though. As would a 'latest unread posts' link - ie only showing threads with new posts since you last read that thread.)