RCM&E October 2011 issue

The new October issue has been dropping through subscriber letter boxes today. As always we welcome thoughts and feedback in relation to the issue, specific review feedback can be made here in the normal way.

The plan model, Tim Hooper''s marvellous Hawker Cygnet is quite large so we''ll be bringing the remainder of the plan in the November issue.

Incidentally, Tim will be bringing some of his models, including the Cygnet to display at our Nats stall this coming weekend so do drop by and take a look.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 22/08/2011 11:31:32

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 22/08/2011 11:31:53

Advert

here's and idea can't you make it a Summer Special and have it between July - August and split the year ??

Or is there a historical precedent for this ??

Or - thinking about it - you have a plan special in the summer so you's have two specials at the same time!

Posted by FlyinBrian on 22/08/2011 14:29:14:
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 22/08/2011 13:11:59:
Keith, yes it's included with the subscription

David, The secial was'nt included in last years subscription, are you sure it is this year?

Brian, sorry to contradict but it was included so I only assume you had a hiccup with your subscription there. Did it expire just before the Special perhaps?

Don't confuse the plans specials/handbooks or last year's 50th anniversary issue - they're not regular issues produced by the RCM&E team.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 22/08/2011 14:37:54

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 22/08/2011 14:36:08:
Posted by FlyinBrian on 22/08/2011 14:29:14:
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 22/08/2011 13:11:59:
Keith, yes it's included with the subscription

David, The secial was'nt included in last years subscription, are you sure it is this year?

Brian, sorry to contradict but it was included so I only assume you had a hiccup with your subscription there. Did it expire just before the Special perhaps?

Don't confuse the plans specials/handbooks or last year's 50th anniversary issue - they're not regular issues produced by the RCM&E team.

David

My apologies, I was indeed thinking of the 50th anniversary issue.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 22/08/2011 14:37:54

David, I didn't get a copy of the special edition in my subscription last year either.

I particularly remember not getting one as there was a short column in there by Chris Bott. In fact there is a picture in 'my photos' section of Jack holding it whilst we were in Cyprus last year.

I got my October copy yesterday but I'm not allowing myself to peek at it until Tuesday next week when I'm off work for two weeks - woohoo!

Usual quality offering but...

I thought the long awaited Anatomy of a Trainer was a bit underwhelming - and a missed opportunity. Also - slap on the editors' wrists for the use of "aide" when it should be "aid". Apologies for this piece of anoraking.

I thought Alex whittaker's piece on dressing up pilots was a great left field article. And, according to the editorial you are at last going to do some comparitive reviews. Nice one!