Ebay sellers...

Posted by Stevo on 26/07/2014 11:23:07:

Interesting... Is one of them (the forward one) a filling nozzle?

Then there's this. Contrary to the other models 'featured' on here this one is lovely... Laser V twin too....

But, the price? £2.5k?

Looks like a really high quality scale model to me so probably the price is justified but whether he will get it is aanother matter alltogether

Advert

I agree Peter.

So when finished how much would I charge (if I had to) for my scale Be2c when all done? £3k? And how much would someone pay for it? I'll be lucky to clear £5-600 I guess. Not that I will sell it. Only worth what anyone wants to pay for it, which is a recurring theme here.

To me it breaks my heart when a model of mine goes on ebay to someone who has NO CLUE about flying or scale... after all that work I put in.

Posted by Stevo on 26/07/2014 11:44:53:

I agree Peter.

So when finished how much would I charge (if I had to) for my scale Be2c when all done? £3k? And how much would someone pay for it? I'll be lucky to clear £5-600 I guess. Not that I will sell it. Only worth what anyone wants to pay for it, which is a recurring theme here.

To me it breaks my heart when a model of mine goes on ebay to someone who has NO CLUE about flying or scale... after all that work I put in.

Have you any photos of your plane you can post Stevo?

• 2 weeks later...

Can these people possibly be modellers?

If they are, what value system can they possibly have? Where junk is put up for sale, rather than putting straight into the Bin.

I am sure that the question has been asked and tentatively answered. The lack of detail and optimism, suggest that many of the models, never mind the junk, know little of modelling, or the model, just assuming because something is old it has some value in the hundreds of pounds.

Come to think of it, how much is my KK stunt tank worth, or my Diesel fuel tin, then why did i junk my KK streamlyte wheels, just because the rubber had perished.crying 2 Every one a treasureembarrassed

Spotted this this morning. I think I'll draw the line at nearly £34 delivered....... Particularly when you have to supply the baseboard and fuel proof it too. The £6.85 delivery made me chuckle - for a few sections of aluminium. It's actually cheaper to post an engine.

Am I being picky? 'FAST DELIVERY'... in a weeks' time?

The actual engne mount yes, but on mine, the tank is held in place with hooks and bands, and I place a shim under the tank for correct tank height.

Edited By Stevo on 06/08/2014 08:31:43

Looks quite nicely made BUT!

IT looks as though you have to unscrew the four adjusters as it seems that there are a set of holes, not a slot to slide the tank up and down.

Tank level on a test stand is not that critical and anyway, who needs a 14 ounce tank for test running or even running in., six or eight ounces is more than enough unless you are running really big engines.

Yes I'd probably by the mount to save some messing around. I'm working on a design whereby you can flip it upside down to test inverted engines, a bugbear of mine really, plus to take some measurements. I've run a SLEC Orange tank on mine and it way overkill. Even the red one would do....

Maybe it is under £100 from HK but it's only (last time I looked) available from the international warehouse and deliveries from there seem a little slow at the moment.

However I'd agree it seems a little pricey as you can get the Taranis brand-new for about the same price from UK-suppliers. However, at leaast one of those is waiting for new stock - I'd guess the others might be too.

So the item on ebay is arguably expensive, but it is (was!) available.

Posted by Hamish on 06/08/2014 16:12:40:

Price from HK, under £100 or do I have it wrong??

In view of the supply and demand for these radios it doesnt seem that far out for a lightly used example.

I have looked at getting one from HK, but as John says, they are only available from the international warehouse and I am sure such a large box would not slip past customs unnoticed.

Once you add in the import duty (and the Parcelforce collection fee) there is little to be gained from importing.

I very recently saw and brought a 90% complete 66" L4 Grasshopper built from the Svenson kit; seller was selling on behalf of a modeller who couldn't complete it due to arthritis, a pity its extremely well put together and covered

I did feel a twinge of guilt when I handed over £40 for it