Ebay sellers...

Advert

This is a genuine bargain. Strange that proper bargains like this don't get sold, and the rubbish does. This is going for £260, with a BN OS 120FS Pump MKIII (RRP: £389), a Spektrum DX6i combo and a Top Flight F4U Corsair which for the kit alone is over £200. He's also including some Spektrum 821 Digi Servos at £20 each, all new.

**LINK**

Edited By Paul Marsh on 12/12/2014 16:09:42

• 2 weeks later...

A bargain I don't think !

**LINK**

At £155.00 and the reserve is not met !!! not bad for an 8 shillings and 6 pence kit (42.5p). Probably box collectors.

This kit was renamed The Bantam. If anybody wants a copy of the plans and formers. I can supply them for less than £6.00 including postage (probably less than the 42.5p original price taking inflation into consideration).

smiley

Edited By kevin b on 26/12/2014 14:09:45

Posted by denis parkinson on 26/12/2014 13:35:29:

I have had a good 2 days on Ebay myself.

Spektrum DX6i tx and rx, watt meter, 66" Fokker DR1 plans, plans for a 62" twin tail vintage plane, Lipo charger and a lighting kit..

All for a lot less than they normally go for on Ebay.

Happy days

If that twin finned vintage plane is a Roamer reduce the dihedral to about half

Posted by kevin b on 26/12/2014 14:09:03:

A bargain I don't think !

**LINK**

At £155.00 and the reserve is not met !!! not bad for an 8 shillings and 6 pence kit (42.5p). Probably box collectors.

This kit was renamed The Bantam. If anybody wants a copy of the plans and formers. I can supply them for less than £6.00 including postage (probably less than the 42.5p original price taking inflation into consideration).

smiley

Edited By kevin b on 26/12/2014 14:09:45

He could well get that and more. The kit came out as the Anzac and the Australians ans Newzealanders objected very strongly. The name was changed to bantam in very short order so this is a rarity

Point taken Peter, but as I said, "box collectors". There is no chance whatsoever of it ever being built, never mind flown. These (amongst other "collectables" were toys, designed to be played with. They are not art or religious artefacts. When I see toys in museums, which have obviously been played with, then their historical value in my opinion, is far greater than a collection of unused boxed models in someones "collection". They may as well just take the labels off of the boxes and stick them in albums ! The item to me has no value as it has not served its purpose.

sad

Nostalgia, kevin b. A few years ago I bought off eBay a Cox PT17, unused, in box, one of the very first runs, with the integral metal tank and three-bladed prop. It is the only one of its type I have seen on eBay. It cost about £70 incl.shipping from the states. Peanuts.

It took me back to my very early teens, when life was simple, the future seemed bright, and there was no illness in the family which affected me personally.

It had more effect, though similar, as when I bought a KK Ladybird, Unbuilt. Just to open the box, smell the balsa, see the tissue, took me back to a different, happier age. In those days I had the time to pin down a plan, soap it, and glue and pin.

Now, my parents are coming to the end of their lives, my son is very ill and spends his nights coughing from effusion- well, these toys will be passed on to others who hopefully will build them, but to me they are my little buttresses against a difficult world, along with my un-built, and never to be built, Big Impala and Gangster 52.