Ebay sellers...

Posted by Wiltshire Flyer on 08/03/2015 21:03:39:

Need a flight sim? Want state of the art graphics?

**LINK**

I think I had a simulator like that about 20 years ago. To be fair it looks to be almost unused and the seller isn't making any extravagent claims.

I miss the parallel port because it was so easy to design an interface. I had one that interfaced to my Futaba FF7 super (with 4 whole model memories!). I sold my much later Realflight simulator for very little because, IIRC, it connected to an RS232 port now also a thing of the past. Although we still have a working PC with one - I really should clear out some of my old electronic junk.

Geoff

Advert

"...an RS232 port now also a thing of the past. ..."

Actually it's not. RS232 ports are still being used for rig control on ham radio transceivers (albeit it's usually a USB <> RS232 converter).. Dabs also sell a PC Express RS232 card and they also sell USB <> parallel adapters and PCI parallel interface cards

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 08/03/2015 23:30:18:

"...an RS232 port now also a thing of the past. ..."

Actually it's not. RS232 ports are still being used for rig control on ham radio transceivers (albeit it's usually a USB <> RS232 converter).. Dabs also sell a PC Express RS232 card and they also sell USB <> parallel adapters and PCI parallel interface cards

Both my laptops have RS232 connectivity ports and converters as its used to connect to phone systems for Diagnosis of faults. Trouble we have is people want to keep equipment that was installed 8-10 years ago as it's expensive to replace. Yet technology has moved on rapidly making their perfectly functional equipment redundant.

Oh I know only too well - I have a 'DRSI' card which is basically a twin Terminal Node Controller for packet radio (AX25 transmission) using two rigs (usually 2 metre and 70 centimetre bands). Unfortunately it's an ISA card and there ain't no ISA motherboards nowadays

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 09/03/2015 01:43:03

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 09/03/2015 14:39:33:

It certainly isn't like any carab I've ever used - I certainly wouldn't want to depend on it as a safety measure when attached to a piton surprise

Well it does say in the listing;

4. Carabiners are not to be used for climbing

And unless Futaba have radically changed the design of their servos then in no way is the other item in that listing a 3003.

Barge-poles and wide-berths come to mind in relation to that listing...thinking

Is fairly obvious that's not a genuine futaba servo however that test doesn't really show up any performance differences might have been better to run a genuine one on a Y lead with the fake also I'd like to see a stall and accurate speed comparison no doubt though that the fake would most likely fall well short.

Also unless I'm looking at the wrong link the only servo offered in that listing is a hextronik one or at least one with the hextronik badge on it 

Edited By Phil Winks on 09/03/2015 21:35:33

Not with my bad back Leccy frown

I'm wary about Proxxon, regarding a very bad experience with one of their lathes last year. However I looked at several reviews and it came out well. Primarily used for cutting inside holes for formers and so on.