Ebay sellers...

Posted by Martin Dance 1 on 13/12/2017 08:28:27:

I agree Peter the present bid is insane. I wonder, though if when the auction ends the winning bidder will realise exactly what he/she has done and not pay up? It's obviously silly season on Ebay. A couple of days ago an ED single channel TX, not a Black Prince but one with a red case sold for £412, You got a red covered case containing a valve or two, no doubt a coil and a capacitor and some battery leads. No antenna, no keying button etc. Madness.

Bid now standing at £620! Must be either a joke or a scam.

Advert

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 19/12/2017 00:12:35:
Posted by jonryan on 16/12/2017 19:18:37:

If the moolah arrives

True. I sold a Michelin man tyre inflator/compressor that has been in our family all my life (I'm 78) for quite a lot of money but the buyer just didn't ever either pay or contact me. I still have it

Geoff

A long time ago I sold a rare collectors camera to an European in Korea and the buyer never paid. After nearly a month I offered it to the next bidder down on the list in Germany and he snapped it up.

Go  to the second chance offer

The camera went of over £100. I did offer it to a local advertiser in the Free ADs paper. He was very generous and offered £10

Edited By Peter Miller on 19/12/2017 08:17:36

Posted by Tom Major on 11/12/2017 14:18:33:

**LINK**

His other listings are similar laugh

I actually know who this seller is and I suspect most of you will do too if you frequent the BMFA pages on Facebook. He often travels the country buying and selling model stuff and is a bit of a celebrity now. I have bought many items off him with no problem and you can't fault his packaging lol. He is quite a respected character and can certainly fly. A lot of people like to try and spot him at the shows now.

That should be enough clues for you.

Mark

Edited By Mark Stevens 1 on 20/12/2017 03:55:03

• 2 weeks later...

Well Geoff, certainly more than I would pay. But...... if you research "laser diesel" in sold items on EBay you will find (as claimed by the seller in his auction description) that apparently a similar laser diesel did sell for close on £1000 on Christmas Day! So perhaps collecters with deep pockets will pay the price being asked!

I'm sure Jon mentioned Laser always blasted there engines. I blasted mine with 220 grit aluminium oxide with a mini blasting gun looks similar. That is big money for a single cylinder 80. More expensive than a new 3.60 V twin. You would have to be really into the subject of diesel engines to pay that price. Mind you it must be very rare and as far as diesels go probably the biggest diesel made by a manufacturer. I seen an old Laser 75 diesel go recently for £385.

I also seen an Enya 2.40 V Twin up for sale for a little over £1100. No way would I pay that.

Posted by Devcon1 on 04/01/2018 12:50:26:

Seems a pretty good deal to me, X4 servos and free click & Collect from Argos, sometimes I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the convenience.

Have you misread the product description or have I misunderstood.

Yes, I misread. He is just factoring in his profit margin. We all have to make a living.

Edited By ted hughes on 04/01/2018 13:12:52

Just for a change, this guy is selling the repros of the old Veron Tru-Flite kits for a quid less than Vintage (with free postage)

Mark you, I can recall being able to buy 4 Tru-Flite/KK Junior Scale kits, a large tube of Britfix, a can of dope, my copy of Aeromodeller and pay my bus fare home and still have change from a quid :D

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 07/01/2018 22:16:45