Ebay sellers...

I simply don't 'do ebay', am I the only one?. What amazes me is that some people will on-occasion pay more for a used, sometimes damaged, item that they can buy new for less. It doesn't make any sense. For example the NGH GF38 petrol engine can be purchased from Just Engines for £270 including silencer etc. and a warrantee. From Hobbyking on ebay it is £277 without muffler. On their own website it is £235 with the Hobbyking guarantee. wink 2

I came across this one on Ebay from a German seller here. Is he serious? Will someone buy it at that price?

I am curious probably because I have a brand new, unopened NGH GF38 engine myself, that is surplus to requirements. What should I do? Put it up for auction on ebay or ask a silly price? As I don't have any track record would that be wise? Any advice would be welcome.

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 26/07/2017 21:26:14

I think it IS new and advertised by a trade seller. I could be wrong, of course. Both my early Taranis transmitters came with the aluminium carrying case and charger as standard and were a lot cheaper than new ones now. I understood that the case is an extra now.

Geoff

The thing with ebay (and I use it a lot for purchases) is to do research. If you want an item check the best new price inc postage first. Way up the sellers feed back and sales, is the discription of the item fair to what you see in the pictures and a gut feeling does it sound right!! if yes set your maximun price to purchase it. If it's "buy now" is it a good price based on your research. Also some say "free postage" but after checking out a new item price it's odvious postage is included hence it's sometimes more costly on ebay. Also don't forget ebay charge to put an item up so that cost is included in the sale price. I was looking at a FMS Pilatus £175 on ebay from a high street model shop direct to the same model shop it was £161 inc postage. So always research and check prices! Also be very wary of prices to good to be true, they usually are!

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 31/07/2017 00:10:40:

I think it IS new and advertised by a trade seller. I could be wrong, of course. Both my early Taranis transmitters came with the aluminium carrying case and charger as standard and were a lot cheaper than new ones now. I understood that the case is an extra now.

Geoff

Sorry, but new means unopened and unused. This guy (not a trade seller by looks of it) admits to putting new firmware on it, plus where is the warranty? The ad states no returns. New ones now come with a soft case and a charger for £179, or £170 for the tx and charger only.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Andy48 on 31/07/2017 17:48:15:
Posted by Geoff Sleath on 31/07/2017 00:10:40:

Geoff

Sorry, but new means unopened and unused. This guy (not a trade seller by looks of it) admits to putting new firmware on it, plus where is the warranty? The ad states no returns. New ones now come with a soft case and a charger for £179, or £170 for the tx and charger only.

No returns doesn't mean anything. EBay are very good at refunding buyers, some sellers say too good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Odd - he's also offering a cleaner looking one (albeit without the rubber insert) for the same price. Strange thing - he lives in Slough, quotes £4.50 for P&P but won't post to the UK .

However THIS one is a definitely legit bargain (but to be honest, I can see the bidding spiralling up like a FAI duration model on steroids)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...