Ebay sellers...

Posted by Peter Miller on 22/11/2016 08:56:06:

Now here is a bloke who doesn't mince his words!!! I wonder how the offending buyer likes it.

**LINK**

I do have some sympathy with him. Whenever I sell large items that are for collection only, someone always asks if it can be posted.

I once sold a very large lawn mower (around 150kg in weight) as collection only, and the buyer was furious that I would not put in on a pallet for them and have it delivered.

Here's some New Year Stats for you.

I have just perused e-bay in the Rc department. I searched for "Kit".

19290 items

192 auction only

125 of those in the UK

That wasn't just aeroplanes either and most of those have start prices over 70% of retail !

Glad I did my buying and stocked up several years ago. teeth 2

Bidding is going well. From what I remember it always seemed flimsy stuff compared to other makes Sticks and servos were probably fine but just did not have a confidence inspiring feel. I replaced a servo IC in one once the owner reckoned that it died because he plugged the servo in with the power on. I have never known that to cause problems before or after that occaission. I am sure that TX should have a label on it

• 1 month later...

Thanks KiwiKid

I did eventually find the general aeroplane listing but by a devious route. I also noticed that there were very few bids which implies that I'm not alone in struggling to find the lists. I just don't understand why there's a special link to 'control line and free flight' but not to RC aeroplanes - crazy! (not that I have anything against either free flight or control line).

That page you illustrate is typical. It acts to prevent a general browse and forces potential buyers to be very specific. I don't mind which fuel type.

As my wife recently described Windows 10 - "It's Bossy!"

Geoff

PS The 'aeroplanes' option under RC Model Vehicles and Kits' wasn't there last night (unless I missed it every time I looked) or I probably wouldn't have posted.

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 19/02/2017 14:27:31

• 2 weeks later...