Ebay sellers...

Advert

Posted by Dave Hopkin on 19/03/2016 21:24:11:

Worth 99p for the wheels..........

I thought similar to that about a 9ft wingspan Auster. I wanted an engine mount and it looked ok. Was local too.

Guess what. Yes I won it and to make matters worse the airframe is too good to scrap !!!

I don't suppose anyone has an old nylon tent they don't want ? sad

Edited By kevin b on 19/03/2016 22:14:38

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Gordon Nicol on 06/04/2016 08:47:24:

I've just bought 2 lightweight (4.3 gram)servos from hong kong... 99pence each and free postage.... got to be worth the two quid just to see what they are like, I may just have stumbled across a bargain, ...... then again

A bargain to you and me Gordon, but the distributors have been buying them at this price for years.

Used withing their capoabilities, I am sure they will be fine.

After all whatever badge is on the side, I doubt there is a servo out there that doesnt have some chinese DNA.

Posted by Kevin Wilson on 06/04/2016 09:16:56:
Posted by Gordon Nicol on 06/04/2016 08:47:24:

I've just bought 2 lightweight (4.3 gram)servos from hong kong... 99pence each and free postage.... got to be worth the two quid just to see what they are like, I may just have stumbled across a bargain, ...... then again

A bargain to you and me Gordon, but the distributors have been buying them at this price for years.

Used withing their capoabilities, I am sure they will be fine.

After all whatever badge is on the side, I doubt there is a servo out there that doesnt have some chinese DNA.

they are to be used in a pushy cat, (the old style one rc assist free flight) so just needed to drag the rudder a little each way , same for the elevator... I have shed loads of 9 gram servos, but these I wanted to check out at the price, whats not to love lol

• 1 month later...
Posted by kevin b on 19/03/2016 20:40:13:

**LINK**

Somebody has actually bid on it !!!!!!!

Are they that short of firewood in Cheltenham ?

If all the firewood looked that good i'd buy it. It looks as though there are servos in those wings too.I bought some junk at 99p .Turned out i had a 6 channel Rx and 7 working relays plus all the wiring harness. No bad with free PP

Posted by Peter Miller on 13/05/2016 08:43:39:

THis listing says "found" . As itis a marine engine I imagine that it was found at the bottom of a pond.

**LINK**

"The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended."

"THIS ENGINE WILL NOT TURN OVER "

Posted by Peter Miller on 13/05/2016 08:43:39:

THis listing says "found" . As itis a marine engine I imagine that it was found at the bottom of a pond.

**LINK**

To be fair, the seller is giving a lot of information so there's no doubt about what he's selling, plus it couldn't be a lower starting price. For someone interested in unusual engines it would be worth a punt IMO.

Geoff