Ebay sellers...

Apparently they are full scale and supposedly off Moths that had been used for cropdusting. Apparently, they have been in the corner of a hanger for some 40 years. The seller states that they will need recovering and the structure will need checking over!! Cant see why on earth he's saying that. smile d

You are absolutely right Peter,

FPs are a good motor, its just that particular one could have been up a tree for a year and does look a mess

It will clean up, but you would get a clean motor cared for at £40, not from. a tree

The appearance of absolutely no care, for whatever length of time really drops its value

I'm pretty pleased with my OS 40FP which I boughtas an eBay purchase from an elderly couple in the Brecon Beacons. It belonged to their son who had left home and given up the hobby. I have it installed in a SLEC Fun Fly. At first it was a bit of a barker until I fitted a Just Engines Super Quiet silencer. I use the model as a general sport flyer and an advanced trainer for those beginners who are not quite A Cerificate standard.

fun fly apres maiden. (1).jpg

£40 is about as much as I'd expect to pay for an FP. £20-£25 would be nearer the mark for one in that condition.

Edited By David Davis on 04/03/2017 12:58:14

Posted by Peter Miller on 04/03/2017 18:08:52:

Well I have to say that I watch for four stroke on Ebay and haven't seen any down as low as that, Even the pre4 Surpass 40s go for more that that

£70 seems tbe the going rate

Well perhaps it's been some time since I bought a four-stroke on eBay but I recall giving £60 for a Penn Models Super 60 with a Magnum 52 in it.

penn models super sixty (3).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...