Ebay sellers...

Advert

Posted by Andrew Price 2 on 11/08/2015 16:19:33:

Peter. I've just writen to him to say just that.

Wonder if I'll get a reply?

Not sure if you got a reply, but he changed the listing after you posted here, he added a new reason to the description:

"I also had a change of heart and do not want the hassle of the moped, so am deciding to sell."

I wasn't even aware that you could buy a motor vehicle in the UK without registering it.

Edited By Martin Whybrow on 11/08/2015 23:28:55

Martin. He did respond. Thanked me for his interest in his dyslexia. Quite sarky though.

He assures me that the moped was supplied unregistered and this is, if requested, normal pratice of that retailer.

He told me that he used a special programme the help him with the listing and added that the DVLA forms have to be filled in by hand. The DVLA have, apparently rejected two previous applications.

How does it go? If it looks like it and smells like it it probably comes from a bulls rear end!!

I bought an unregistered scooter for my son about 4 years ago and registered it myself. Just a form to fill in which I did at a DVLA office (Maidstone) but they've closed most if not all of them now. No legal requirement for it to be pre-registered when you buy. friend of mine registered a full on Motocrosser for the road that way. I had to make a lighting set to fit it for him so they could be unplugged and removed. He also had to get a "certificate of newness" which allowed it to go on a current year number plate. A CON is normally supplied with a vehicle intended for the road but not on something intended for offroad use. He said it was a hoot, right until the local lowlifes nicked it out of his workshop. That's the sum of my knowledge on that matter.

Shaunie.

Classic case of rubbish information too. He says it comes "with all the servos batterie engine and receiver". No mention of what the engine is, other than a hint elsewhere in the listing that it might be a "61 four strke" (sic). No clue as to whether the servos are top-of-the-range or ebay fake cheapies. And the receiver? 35MHz? 2.4? If so, what?

Next please...

I see with interest that Hobby king are selling stuff on E bay these days, so , what the hell, another couple of lipos for the pico moth. turnigy 800 mAh 2s . £4.67.......+ £7 postage I contacted them asking if they were serious, unfortunately , they are, so does anyone know a GOOD supplier that charges REASONABLE P&P

BTW before anyone slates me for this, saying the shops have to make profit etc , I sell kits, the charges are £5 (including insurance) for any thing up to 2 KG and 2-5 KG costs £7 by my hermes , even parcelforce was only £11.99 per kit

I may be Scottish , tight as a gnats chuff, but they are taking the P1$$

Edited By Gordon Nicol on 17/08/2015 19:12:52

Posted by ted hughes on 17/08/2015 22:04:43:

This is not a criticism of this item, I am just curious about it.Is this a receiver and ESC combined?:**LINK**_

It is indeed a very old school 27mhz rx esc combo and given it requires 7.2v and all we had back then were Nicd and Nimh it's hardly surprising successful flying was a struggle