All things SAS wildthing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
As this thread has surfaced again, I would add that my secondhand SAS Fusion, which is a sort of superior  Wild Thing - was suffering from a lot of wing/fuselage movement, which I remedied by adding more cf tape on top of more cf tape.

So I thought I would investigate. I found that the builder (Who had covered it beautifully, by the way) had used double sided Sellotape on the wing saddle and covered the join in coloured parcel tape! No wonder it was a bit floppy!

Now much firmer and ready for another day at the Orme. When I can get there.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Noel, just type in ....... Soar Ahead Sailplanes............

I should have said on Google!..............

Oh and if you order a model , consider buying the fibreglass reinforced tape at the same time. Coloured tape as well if you have decided on a (nice bright) colour scheme.

Gorilla Glue is the adhesive preferred by many.. Messy to use though unless you are used to it.

Edited By Richard Bond on 01/06/2011 17:32:23

Edited By Richard Bond on 01/06/2011 18:02:15

I didn't know that the tape comes in the kit.

Because my Fusion was bought ready made off eBay. As a pensioner I can't afford to buy new,ones like some of you lot! ......................................

Posted by Richard Bond on 02/06/2011 06:55:51:

Because my Fusion was bought ready made off eBay. As a pensioner I can't afford to buy new,ones like some of you lot! ......................................

well said richard......we're not all like young asher's/timbo and even j carss etc....

ken anderson ne..1. .. pension dept..

Posted by ken anderson. on 02/06/2011 08:08:44:
Posted by Richard Bond on 02/06/2011 06:55:51:

well said richard......we're not all like young asher's/timbo and even j carss etc....

ken anderson ne..1. .. pension dept..

You are now, cos you've got the hat to prove it

• 2 weeks later...
I know I can get a but more accuracy and precisionnout of the elevons. Those steel rods are prine to bending. I want the elevon to return to exactly the same position after every arrival. This is why.

I was thinking if 3mm stiff carbon rod to existing carbon
End linkages.

Having flown a super accurate m60 I think my WT could be improved by linkage upgrade.

• 6 months later...