What's your favourite ARTF brand?

Bit tricky this one as I exhausted the poll options so I stuck with UK available brands and had to miss a few of the minor ones. Ripmax makes the list thanks to the massive popularity of the WOT4 ARTF series.

Remember that brands such as Parkzone, FMS etc. count as RTF, not ARTF.  

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 25/01/2012 13:19:23

Advert

I've just removed a post that hints around these polls being run for some underhanded or sinister commercial reason.

This poll was suggested by a forum user in another thread and, as we've said before, they're just a bit of fun, they're in the public domain and what you see is what you see.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 25/01/2012 14:46:26

Quite tricky answering this one. I voted for Multiplex simply because I've got more of them than any other brand. They are beautifully made and always fly well but I hate their front-mounting motor-mount system as front-mount outrunners are difficult to source, cooling is inadequate, and vibration problems common.

I absolutely love the Seagull Electric range but it is looking tired now and they have not updated them for quite a while, seeming to focus on the bigger models. I've got the Decathlon and the Edge 540 (the discontinued Extra 300 was their best IMHO). My main issue with them is the fiddly wing screws.

Surprising omissions from the list are GWS (Vive la Formosa!) and Parkzone, and I'm a bit surprised Sebart haven't had a single vote yet.

This is a difficult one. I like the quality and rigid design of Seagull a lot - but also the lightweight and very esthetic design of Sebastiano Silvestri. Both fly well, I feel the Sebby is performing a bit better, on the other hand it needs a proper landing as it is rather delicate. Due to my Italian past I will give my vote to Sebastiano....
VA, dipartimento Italiano

What about VMAR, YT international, Graupner, Kyosho, etc. Seems to be missing quite a few...

Mine is Black Horse/Seagull/Phoenix. The reason for that, is they are made exactly the same way, and probably the same factory. Also value for money and model variety.

YT are also good, being more higher quality, more advanced airframes/system.

Definitely the most difficult poll to answer yet. E-Flite, IMHO, generally produce fine quality offerings (at a price) and I've been very pleased with mine.

On the other hand, I have several Phoenix models which are well-made and stand up to my flying without complaint - and you get a lot for your money - so they get my vote.......

Pete

too many missing,  including the only british one actually with aircraft  designed in the UK, and built in a factory part UK owned,      why are there missing ones?     i fly, for instance, a Kyosho TA152, superb machine, that i rate right up there,   yet i own a seagull model that i wont even finish off, because its that rubbishly designed,    yet seagull is up there,     come on David, give tuthers a go

Edited By Alan 4 on 25/01/2012 21:17:39