Useful Objects n stuff in the modelroom...

Cyclicscooby

Big slab of RTV silicone that was poured into a large paint tin lid (5ltr) left to cure..then pulled out to leave a nice round slab that won't stick to any thing.

Now makes a wonderful glue mixing plate..epoxy eat you heart out just bend when finished to remove the hard glue..

( I used RTV left over from making a mould... ) you can buy small amounts from sculpting supplies...

Edited By Pete Crosby on 25/06/2014 21:53:21

Cotton buds used to paint fuel proffer/polyurethane varnish/sanding sealer/dope in places where finish is not important. For example inside cowls on ARTFs that are not fuel proofed or where you need to stick "sticky velcro" on to wood and wish to seal it first.

Throw away when you have finished. Cheaper than thinners to clean a brush.

Posted by Peter Miller on 26/06/2014 08:35:39:

THose plastic covers for pet food tims also make excellent epoxy mixing trays

also the clear top on Whiskers anti-hairball and Dentabit cat treats make good mixing plates and also make a low-walled constraint for small screws etc to stop them disappearing off the top of the bench.

Another vote for coffee stirrers plus those little waxy paper cups from the likes of golden arches. Ideal for small amounts of epoxy, and can be used again, once the first batch of epoxy has gone off. (not that I'm tight or anything!)

I have also used a bit of garden hose to increase the reach of a small screwdriver/hex spinner.

Broken props ( though probably not wooden ) make brilliant epoxy resin mixers and also applicators. If not scratched you can re-use a few times as the hardened resin should come off when you flex the blade. For mixing I recycle greeting cards, appointment cards and the like, most of us should have an inexhaustible supply of these, just don't let SWMBO bung them into the recycling.

plastic credit card sized gift cards make great filler applicators use whole or cut up to best size ,all sorts of round objects of different sizes ca sandpaper or whatever you use ,foam board makes great small sanding boards glued on with UHU por