Be honest! How many unstarted kits do you have?

Kind comment, thanks Dave. Actually I feel it more of a privilege as I research the right colour schemes & photos of A/C types he flew.

Father always thought he had the best of aviation. Sometimes when I look at the toasting fork he made from a rigging wire and a spark plug ring from Amy Johnson’s Gipsy Moth and remember him chuckling at Juan de la Cierva planting his contraption in a neighbour’s garden, I think he had a point.

I have some of his tools and wonder which of them he used servicing 111 Hurricane Squadron at Croydon airport in 1940; they have a comforting oily sheen to them.

Mark

Am the only one toadmit to be addicted to ebay. I have a flair Black Magic, a flair Patriot, flair Bristol fighter (the build frightens me a bit), flair DV!II, flair SE5a, flair Astro Hog (next to be built will start in the next month) flair Legionaire (parts missing) flair Cub in covering stage does this count), topflite P40 warhawk, topflite corsair gold edition, Carl Goldberg gentle lady, Cambrian Mig 15, Cambrian Hawker Hunter, Cambrian ME109 funfighter, Cambrian Spitfire funfighter plus the larger Mk 9, Galaxy models Chipmunk, CAP Beaver, Bristol Beaufighter 72" 9 maybe later this year. Global Cessna 172 skylane

Also I have the following built but unflown kits / plan built plans; flair Harvard, flair patriot, Cambrian Mk 24 spitfire (just finished this one), 72" Lancaster, Premier / Aerotech 66" Tiger Moth, Cambrian Hawker Hunter. flair puppeteer (must be 15 years old now since built, buried in the cupboard)

I must admit I haven't flown for a least 4 years and not stopped building. i now need to fly again to make space for more, I mean to clear the backlog.

Errr.....21 plus.................in fact about 150 including a few model railways items............

If you'd asked me a month back it would have been much much lower, but that was before a friend was suddenly told he had only months left, unexpectedly wrote me into his will, then lasted four more days...........I miss him, and am determined to honour his memory by flying everything he had, already built or not......so far so good, have finished three he had in process, and set up and flown tham and ALL the complete RC ones (not listed above of course). Even flown a couple of his FF ones (never having done FF before).

He did like ultralight tissue and balsa frame models though, so its going to test my building abilities as I have hardly been near non-foam ultralights for years.

I've had this kit for nearly a year now. In the meantime I have built several gliders and IOM yachts. I am going to start this Premier Balsa Products, Topaz II thermal Glider just as soon as I have finished the Solange which arrived last Thurasday.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has seen, flown or built a Topaz II

Topaz II

Topaz II

• 2 weeks later...

I have the following kits:

-A 'Weston 50 size Velocity' that can fly up to 200mph! This was won at the club's 'Fly-in' raffle last summer. I was offered £50 'on the spot' for it but decided that this was 50% less than it's selling price and not a good deal!. It might prove a bit quicker than my Junior 60!

-A Ripmax flexible YAK 54. I am not sure why I bought this as it requires a lipo battery which I am not sure I want to own. Part made.

-A Keil Kraft Caprice

-A keil Kraft control line team racer---I have forgotten the name!

MJE

mmmm...........let's try to remember them all............

Chris Foss Acrowot

Ben Buckle Southener 60

Dave Platt 82" FW 190

Micro-mold P51b Mustang (quite an old kit)

Brian Taylor 83" Spitfire (belair kit)

Brian Taylor 82" Corsair (belair cut kit)

Flair 1/4 scale Tiger Moth

1/4 scale Taylorcraft (artf)

world models LA Racer (artf)

72" Pitts Python (artf)

Pulse 40 (artf)

1/32 scale mosquito (airfix,does this count?)

1/32 scale Me 110 (ditto)

1/24 scale spitfire (ditto)

1/24 scale fw 190 ( ditto )

I think that's them all,Though possibly something else will turn up.Models built,but not yet finished,( most require painting,waiting for warmer weather )

Great Planes Super Sportster 72" ( kit built )

Wot 4 (artf )

Wot 4 ( kit built )

1/4 scale Krier Kraft Acromaster ( own plans / o/d )

1/5 scale FW 190

1/4 scale Little Toot

plan built Deacon ( got to get it ready for Greenacres )

Think I'd better get building soon.............................Mal.

• 2 months later...

As someone returning to the hobby after many years I have none. No kits, no tools, no radio, no motors . . .

Oh well, at least that means I have some space and no clutter! Interestingly if you asked the same question of plastic modellers (which I also dabble in) the typical answer would be between 100 and 500 judging from my local club. With Hasegawa 1/48 kits coming in at £40 plus each that's some very expensive loft installation!

Cheers

David

I've still got a Blue Angel and Popsie yet to start as well as the Super Skybolt that's ready to cover and paint, but I'm always on the lookout for future projects - Jungmeister by Pica, CAP or whoever, Goldberg Curtis P6E Hawk, Li'l Toot, Jabberwock, Typhoon/Tempest etc..

Anyone up for swaps on balsa kit against a completed Eros vintage cabin job or World Models Midget Mustang?

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment, theres the Astro hog, GWS Harvard, a PZ T28 waiting to go into the loft. 10 in the Spare bedroom cupboard, about 10 already in the loft and 25 free flight kits spread between the spare bedroom and the shed, and 3 half finished projects in the loft. so thats 48 including the FF jobs but not counting half finished jobs.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 13/07/2012 10:27:28