Be honest! How many unstarted kits do you have?

I have

1) Great Planes Ryan STA

2) Lanier Giles 202

3)Sterling PT19

4) Coverrite Gee Be model D

5) Guillow Ju87

6) Balsa Craft Monocoupe

7) French Flying wing kit

8) Graupner Adler von Ludbeck ( a boat partially built for 30 years with parts kit).

I have fallen in love with a Parkzone Albatros DV, which I intend to buy and more importantly fly. It may be that not all the kits will be built.

Hmm perhaps my New Years Resolution should be to build another kit!

You cant put these details into print !, if the Mrs was to find these.. more importantly print them off.. Crumbs..

I am already running a new 2012 incentive with the ruling Junta... its a new handbag for ANY new models that arrive.. lucky they are posted to my pal.. night time manoeuvres ensures they arrive without appearing on anyones radar.. garage, into a cupboard.. then loft when she is off the premises..

Graupner HE111... go on then.. teeth 2

I have tried to send you a personal message, but cannot get it work.

I do not think it came with a plan (it is a few years since I last looked at it). I did once trace out the parts but have now lost the drawings.

The other thing is, it is small in being about 50" span.

You are welcome to come round and copy the bits, as I think you are in Bury or Rawtenstall, I am in South Manchester.

Edited By Erfolg on 23/03/2012 18:19:43

I have 1. I did have 2, but the bipablast is almost finished. The other is another auction special- not inspirational but too cheap to pass up!

I am like Peter- don't start the next one till the current one is finished, otherwise I would have a dozen half built ones.

Now, I'm glad you didn't mention plans that I intend to build- that would be a bigger list.

5 kits.

Tony Nijhuis Mossie and Hurricane, 90mm Super Sniper EDF. 1/4 scale Balsa USA Nieuport 11, Great planes Pete and Poke 40.

+ an almost finished Balsa USA 1/6 scale Bristol M1c.

Bristol will be done by June and Nieuport finished for next spring. After that?? ones of the others, unless they get sidelined by something elsewink

Five

Westfield Models (Tony Nijhuis) Vampire

House of Balsa .25 size P51D

Sig 1/4 scale Spacewalker

A Spit with foam wings and some precut balsa bits in a plain brown box. Around 40" span, designed for electric, can't remember the manufacturers name except that it didn't ring any bells at all when I bought it at a swapmeet. Probably a now defunct cottage industry/"one man band" operation

Profile Aerotech P47

The Spacewalker will definitely be a winter project sometime. The Vamp probably stands the best chance of being started soonest as a relatively quick build, just for the fun of it, once current projects are done. The other three, who knows...?

Wish I could say more than NONE... But that's what i've got... I have only been flying for about 7 yrs, so haven't had the time (or money) to stash unmade boxes... sad

I've got 2 aircraft that need fixing (The heli, just needs putting together, and I have all the bits for the Extra)) but I keep starting NEW projects, promising to fix them after, but inevitably I start another new thing instead...

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

I have one unstarted partial kit- the Webbit I bought for last years Charity Mass build. I will build it shortly - and update the Charity Mass build blog just to confuse everybody.

Apart from that, I haven't actually bought a kit since a Gangster 52 in 1990.. and that is well and truly planted except for the undercarriage legs and wheels which just happen to be a perfect size for the 'coming along slowly Astro Hog 25'

EDIT... Oops sorry  embarrassed -Just realised - that is not strictly true. I bought a Puppetteer kit about 6 years ago to get me back into flying - it took me 5 years to finish it.. still unflown

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 27/03/2012 15:33:37

Well I answered 15-20 to this question as I am slowly modelling the types that my father flew from 1942 – 1984. With 27’000 hrs in his log books I am well stocked with Stearmans, Catalinas, Sunderlands. Anyone know a kit for a Hampden?

I have a DC3 and a home brew BAC 1-11 that means I am looking out for a Vickers Viscount, Handley Page Dart Herald, HS Trident and more…

Somewhere I read that between 1920-1930 000’s of different aircraft types were tried.

Maybe my wife is lucky that father wasn’t born a bit earlier?

Still it is an interesting chunk of aviation history film

Mark