Be honest! How many unstarted kits do you have?

Too many !

I decided a while ago to "stock up" on models ready for retirement (soon I hope), so I started going to auctions, boot sales, ebay etc.

The result is approximately 14 aircraft, 9 boats (mainly rebuilds) and over 50 plastic kits. Apart from that I have aquired a large quantity of wood and other materials, not to mention over 1000 plans (not including internet bought plan CDs).

All I need now is to retire and get on with them, but unfortunately life isn't like that and business commitments aren't giving me much time these days. Never mind. I shouldn't really be wishing my life away, but it would be nice to have more than one of them finished and flying !

Over 40 for me and I need to plead the 5th amendment!.. Worked away from home for a good few years and missed the hobby so much, loads of spare time but you cannot build in a hotel (I did try!)..

So I reasoned I would “stock up” for when I was home all the time.. now that has happened, where does the time go..? What was more of a giggle was moving house six years back, unfortunately I was delayed and away again, the Mrs had to oversee the loft space being cleared.. this was where the stash was.. she does not let me forget it to this day.. she only thought the only models were in the garage

Do not ask about motors.. A new, old, ¼ Cambrian Tri-pacer arrived for Xmas.. a gift from the management..

Enroute to hols with my folks near Tenby, I visited their factory in 70’s as a lad, for a new canopy for my Capstan.. I got a guided tour and quite a few goodies..

Now! where IS that wish list…?

Mostly trad kits too, few ARTF of examples I like.. should I move a few on, I suspect it will be ARTF rather than trads... unstarted early YT Sea Fury and Ripmax F4 spring to mind.crying 2 Sell one I hear you say...? Agreed!

Edited By Area 51 on 23/03/2012 11:02:40

Well - I answered "one".

Up to about a month ago it was "three" - but started building the Elf, and knocked a quick (A)RTF out last night. So that just leaves one!

Then I read the read - and someone said "does that include models in progress" - Mmm, well I've two of them - one in progress and one in "limbo".

So I suppose the answer might be "three", or "one", or "two"....

BEB

4 including:

A scratch build 1/4 scale SA Bulldog at the advanced planning, wood stocks purchased and templates cut stage (last touched a couple of years ago blush)

Skyways (prop driven) BAe Hawk

Extra Slim 3D (which I have cut the additional parts for to build another Slim Twin)

Foam profile Mustang bought on a whim

...and a myriad of rebuilds/lost causes to revisit when I get the urge.

Can never walk past a good plan, stock of wood, kit, box of bits.. bargain in general.. The must have list is essential for peaceful sleeping I find... wonderful hobby ours is.. and no vices either..

The Mrs is quite chuffed I do not do golf or any other inane man hobbies.. the pleasure she see's me getting from our hobby is something even she enjoys.. on to a winner chaps..

Although I do hear of women who cringe at it..!

I do have several - but many of them are replikit packs that were being sold off at silly low prices, and they are not really what I would classify as a kit, when compared with an ARTF - Flair - Ben Buckle - DB S&S and the like.

You could say that having a plan is an unbuilt model, and I know that that is not what you mean.

Plummet