GiantShark (Formerly GiantCod)

I went to look, first two things, two common size motors, are out of stock!

Won't bother to look again, nothing's changed except the name it seems.

Unfortunately an amusing choice of name, as if you refer to someone as a shark, you are meaning a rogue or crook. They'll change it to the White Elephant shop next!

Giving them a chance is fair comment, Bill, BUT:

One would expect just the briefest of mentions on the site regarding the change of name, surely? Every reference to Giantcod, even within the forum, has been changed. Try doing a forum search for the word 'giantcod'! Here's the response: No posts were found because the word giantcod is not contained in any post.

Is that a case of Rob selling his sole (sorry! teeth 2) or do the new owners intend to wipe the name from the face of the earth?

If they rely on Google hits, 'giantshark' brings up pages of references to real shark attacks, no mention of the website......smile

My account history has disappeared - apparently I've never made any purchases......presumably I've also lost my 'Gold Member' status, too......crook

The ticker does mention that 70% of stock is in and they are expecting Emax motors, servos etc., next week. Stock levels seem a bit healthier than before the move - we shall see.

Prices do seem rather higher than they were. Last night I posted a link to the SG90 servo and it was £1.96 - it's £2.61 today.

My heart sank when I saw the reference to MHS. Given the reputation they have (and the eye-watering prices they seem to charge compared to many other outlets) I'll be interested to see how this all pans out........

Pete

ps forgot to mention it looks as if postal charges have gone up across the board - cheapest Europe insured is now £8.05!

Edited By Pete B on 09/05/2012 17:41:02

Then the name GiantShark is spot on, suits perfectly

If every reference to Giantcod has been removed from the forum, I will make a point of never buying there even in desperation, as that would be a very slimy move.

From what has been posted, it all looks very off-putting, like politicians are running it

I think they'll have to tread an incredibly tricky line. If RCM+E do too many reviews of their own (IE giantshark) stuff it'll end up like being Flitetest is to Hobbyking. It will also mean no more glow motors because GS don't sell them...

I'd love to know what the model shops that advertise in RCM+E think / know about this all!

On the other hand I've been waiting for them to get some HET 2w-18s in and they have happy days.

What about this.............................

I have an idea they will be forced to delete their database, I've seen some slimy moves, but this one is lower than (giant) shark's poo shadow.

Anybody looking at the forum prior to purchasing would be deceitfully made to believe it had been around in it's current name for a long time.

How do they expect people to give them a try?

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 10/05/2012 00:13:23

This seems a bit of a PR disaster!
It will be interesting to see how many of this afternoons postings get censored! But the good news is lots of items are in stock which were not a few days ago.
I wonder if this explains the forum problems we have experienced this week.....IT people working changing every reference to Giant Cod holding up all other traffic ( lets see if this changes to Giant Shark too )

Edited By kc on 09/05/2012 18:55:36

Posted by Steve W-O on 09/05/2012 18:32:16:

I'm puzzled, if you look at their forum, it refers to giant shark in posts made in Junuary.

Is it possible it has taken so many months for the name change to be noticed?

It was Giantcod all the way last evening, 'cos I was there...well, on the website at least.........disgust

Pete

If you look at this, you will see that all the Giantcods have been changed to giantshark, worse is that if you read the posts, it states that they got good service from giantshark!!!!!!.

It's hard for people to get a balanced opinion of sellers, I feel strongly that this deception is most unfair and misleading.

Wouldn't it have been honest to leave the forum as is if they want to continue with it, and have a statement on each page about the name change? After all, if what has been said is true, it doesn't even have the same owners!

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 10/05/2012 00:14:31