Happy Birthday to me.

Well it was my birthday today.

Thanks.

So what did I get.

The family all clubbed together to get me a flight next Wednesday (weather permitting) at Classic Wings Duxford in a Tiger Moth.

Still grinning from ear to ear.

So anyone in the vicinity next Wednesday keep your eyes skyward.

Kev

Happy as a pig in poo.

Advert

Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 09/05/2012 22:43:14:

Well it was my birthday today.

The family all clubbed together to get me a flight next Wednesday (weather permitting) at Classic Wings Duxford in a Tiger Moth.

Still grinning from ear to ear.

Kevin,

I share your joy! It was my birthday last month, and I received exactly the same as you! Tiggie flight form Duxford, scheduled for 5/6/2012 - fantastic!

It's alos been pointed out by a certain magazine editor that one of the Classic Wings Tiger pilots, Dave Roberts, is the same bloke who sometimes moonlights for RCM+E, writing the articles about the full-sized aeroplanes (Courier, Blackburn B2 etc). Small world, eh?

tim

John,

My wife organised a flight in a Tiger Moth for me on my 55 th birthday from Redhill airport. I was surprised how small the front cockpit was on the plane but plenty big enough for me.On the upper wing they had a video camera so I have a recording of my flight. The pilot told me that us RC modellers made good students as we knew how to operate the joystick which was much stffer than an RC transmitter stick. I was not allowed to operate the rudder pedals though. I was completely lost in the plane for most of the flight but was surprised when we flew over Epsom Downs where I first flew my IC planes. The G force experience in the tight turns we did were also a surprise.

A great experience not to be missed!

MJE