The RCM&E / Greenacres pics and video thread 2012

Advert

Nice pics lads, a few from me too.

greenacres1.jpg

It was great to see the Tyldsley lads, here Lee Smalley gives one of their impressive hotliners the heave ho. These cut through the wind like butter.

greenacres10.jpg

That lovely Spit.

greenacres11.jpg

Trader Merlin Innovations (great to see them) kindly gave a kit to Alex for passing his B.

greenacres2.jpg

Lindsay Todd's P-47 heading skywards. Always good to watch.

greenacres3.jpg

A bunch of Saturday forumites.

greenacres4.jpg

Andy Ellison's or Rob Stenhouse's hotliner whistles past. I think you could safely say that this was indeed a hotliner.

greenacres5.jpg

Richard's fine Cygnet.

greenacres6.jpg

These Parkzone Albatros' flew really well. Bags of power.

greenacres7.jpg

The Sunday forumites.

greenacres8.jpg

Allan Bowker's son, very happy having won this in the raffle.

greenacres9.jpg

Sunday's passing showers didn't wait for folks to land. It was sunny 5 mins later.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/06/2012 06:57:21

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/06/2012 08:14:19

Posted by Chris - Depron on 25/06/2012 14:23:31:

I think Mr Cockers towline featured with the 'Arresting Paracute' got lost and dropped into the woods - if found by someone that doesn't know the story it will make a curious find!

Yes it did - my release snagged, so for safety Simon released his - unfortunately a second or two later, mine freed itself too - so the whole line dropped off sad

We soon made up another and had no further problems after I tackled the sticking release with a 2 lb lump hammer

31.jpg26.jpg25.jpg22.jpg18.jpg17.jpg16.jpg15.jpg03.jpgmy report..after a 220 mile trip arrived at greenacre's friday lunchtime....set up the advance camp for weasel's arrival......he arrived and set his cree(tent) up next to mine...and i had BEB on the other side......more about that in a min.....friday night we were treated to some nice burgers by reg(chairman)of greenacre's...and we got re-aquainted with everyone from the previous visit....... and we all had a few bottles of 5%+ larger/beer anything you could lay your hands on......saturday/sunday was a mixture of the old british weather-but as said many times we all had a good time......and on sunday morning weasel and i were looking for timber to make his car window stay up for the journey home........and as a final thanks to everyone at greenacre's for the hospitality,thanks to young asher's and graham for the pint......and thanks to timbo for the offer of a pint(we waited outside the whitehouse till 3.30am-he didn't show up) teeth 2 ...... and finally-dont know if BEB was doing some research for the mag in his tent during the night but it sounded like he was running in a 2 stroke or something ......82db? ... teeth 2 ..have a look at my photo's .... the scale camel or pup was fantastic to say the least.....as was the spit and many others......greenacre's had spits there in WW2 i was told....

02.jpg

ken anderson ne..1 duck squadron dept......

Edited By ken anderson. on 25/06/2012 15:01:13

Post 3

Here we go,another two pennyworth. Please PM me if you would like a high res image

pict7972.jpg

pict7974.jpg

pict7976.jpg

pict7978.jpg

pict7981.jpg

pict7983.jpg

pict7986.jpg

pict7990.jpg

pict7994.jpg

pict7998.jpg

pict8001.jpg

pict8018.jpg

pict8026.jpg

pict8032.jpg

pict8070.jpg

Not sharp - but it made me laugh - no damage fortunately..

pict8075.jpg

pict8076.jpg

pict8080.jpg

pict8082.jpg

Probably my favourite

pict8083.jpg

pict8093.jpg

pict8095.jpg

pict8103.jpg

Thats it - a few more may appear in the album later...

Best wishes

Martyn