How do you support your Tx when flying?

I used to use a Tx tray when flying helis.....couldn't fly them any other way... but I fly fixed wing just holding the Tx......I often use a neck strap to carry the Tx whilst I carry my model out to the strip.....I unclip the strap before flying.....in the opposite stance to BEB it feels very odd if I forget & end up flying with the neckstrap attached......

Chris I had the same worries about knocking the throttle (on IC as well as leccy) whilst carrying the model so I use a 100% opposite throttle to throttle mix on a switch to "disable" the throttle stick whilst carrying the model.......I flick the switch before carrying the model to the strip & knock it off after setting the model down (making sure the throttle is at idle before I d so!!!) Not 100% foolproof I agree but probably 95% & since I'm only a 95% fool thats good enough for me.....teeth 2

I use a neckstrap to walk to and from the runway, then after putting the model down, un-clip and just hold it..!! This is before the model or Tx are switched on..

I tend to hold the Tx down at my waist, horizontal, so the strap doesn't reach, but I would use it anyway.. feels restrained somehow..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

No support for me - I like to have the freedom of holding it how Iike and find a neckstrap too constricting. I also like to be able to put it down when I need to without struggling to get the strap over my head. Most of my french club members use trays which I find a bit twee and definitely a gallic thing. I'm often tempted to ask them for a vanilla tub! wink 2 Each to their own.........!

Terry

A neckstrap is very useful if you need one hand to brush away insects doing repeat fly-bys past your nose, and buzzing in your ears. The worst pests I find are the tiny spiders who parachute in the wind on to my hat and then play at yo-yos dangling from the peak in front of my eyes. Never a dull moment at the field! smile d