Should lewis hamilton go to mercedes or stay with McClaren?

Braddock, VC

I don't know about you but I think he should grab the mercedes job as quick as a flash.

I know Mcclaren are at the sharp end of technology but can they match the developement budget of the silver arrow? Mercedes must be hungry for results, even more so than his current team and Ross braun is one of the best too.

If he did go, who would you reckon would be Button's team-mate? I reckon Timo Glock would be a good choice, forget the boy racers he's been at his current team for a couple of years and dragged them up to be at the front of the also ran pack. Very consistent driver in my view. In fact I wonder why Mercedes haven't tried to grab him as ateam mate for rosberg.

Advert

I,(along with others of my era) remember when a "team" was something to do with a group of enthusiasts in any field of activity without sponcership sticking together to get somewhere & maybe adopted a name like the town they represented (for a prime example eg Football ) .They didn't do it for the monetary rewards as a prime mover .Then again,it was called SPORT ,Not how much money you could make !

OK Now you know why I'm known as G-UMPY I could go on & on But-----

Having just written the above, it made me think of a professional model flyer moving to a sponser offering 2.4 GHz against a 35 MHz sponser a while back when it became available .Eh?

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 27/09/2012 18:57:38

I'd say stay at McLaren.

OK, so they've shot themselves (proverbially) in the foot a few times this season, but they have the car that can win another championship for Lewis (or Jenson!)

Do Mercedes actually have a lot of money behind them? I'm sure they could have, if Mercedes (the motor company) decide they want to spend money on the team, but I don't know if that's actually the case.

I think he should move and get away from his childcare development group, You can all say Mclaren are tech and winning team, But when was the last time they were really on top, more to the point when did they win the constructors!?

If he stays there too long and continues to falter he will run the risk of being unwanted. I am not much of a hamilton fan, he is way to aggressive, wrecks tyres and i feel he is not consistent enough.

Get diresta a better car and he will on the money, Look where he took that force india. He should be Buttons wingman

But my personal fav Is Alonso, Not a double champ for nothing you know!

rusty

When Brawn ran his own team they were champions ( with Button ) but when they became Mercedes even with Schumacher & Rosberg they couldnt do much. That tells us something and should tell Lewis something. ( I wonder how many Honda people were near despair when they pulled out and left it to Brawn who then won the championship. OK Brawn used Merc engine but fancy Honda pulling out when success loomed! That tells us everything we need to know about big companies!)

If Mclaren or Mercedes need a driver then they should hire Paul Di Resta or Perez. Glock has had his chance and is only an also ran.

Schumacher should grab retirement before he has a big accident and sit at home counting his fortune -in both senses- and do something else.  David Coulthard should be his inspiration - what a good comentator and what a decent chap.

Edited By kc on 27/09/2012 19:48:20

I wouldn't say he wrecks tyres, in Spain (Cat) he was amazing on his tyres and after Friday practice long runs at Singapore, Jaime Algusairi (spet horrily wrong-sorry!) said his tyres were the best of anyone's. This year he has been better than Jenson on tyres in most races.

As for consistency and aggression, he hasn't really done much wrong this year, let down by bad pit stops, the fuel incident in Spain qualifying putting him to last, un-reliability, the Valencia crash had most blame on Pastor and Belgium was Grosjean. Alonso has driven the best this year by far, but Hamilton is the only other one on 3 wins.

If Hamilton wants to win, he should stay at Mclaren in my opinion. Mercedes may have the money, but surely he wants to win?

CS

Seems to me that McLaren have been consistent over the last couple of years, but mainly consistent at regularly losing a race for one or other of their drivers. Mind you, Hamilton has also done his best to lose a few points along the way, no wonder Massa doesn't do any good now as he must be spending 90% of each race looking in his mirrors in case Hamillton tries to ram him off the track again.

Let's see LH in Braun's team, if they could work together I think it could be a winning combination.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 27/09/2012 20:42:19

An F1 driver has a limited career and has to make the most of his oportunities, if Mercedes will pay him £5M more than Mclaren he should go there, why would he not. OTOH if Mclaren can come up with the goods salary wise he should stay as it is IMHO a more competative team..

Button is his own man he will do his best whoever his team mate is.

He should definately stay at McL. People remember racing drivers for how many races / championships they won, not how much money they earned during their career.... Mercedes might not be in F1 for the long-term, they threatened to throw their toys out the pram when they didn't get a seat on the flotation commitee. Which is a bit mean considering they have made engines for yonks.

It is confirmed on BBC sport and also Perez is moving to Mclaren.I think its the wrong move at present but Mercedes have wooed him on the promise that with the new rules and engines for 2014 they are working towards that season already.Not happy ,have enjoyed Mclaren with 2 British drivers,I think it plays into Jensons hands at Mclaren,he is probably rubbing them excitedly now.It seems luck is with Alonso as his competitors cars have been letting them down.

What has all this got to do with models???????

Well actually Ross Brawn ( the genius at MercF1 and behind all Schumachers championships ) was into model cars when young and he went on from there......

It's nice to see that Mclaren took my advice!

Edited By kc on 28/09/2012 11:36:38

Posted by Ben B on 27/09/2012 22:03:49:

People remember racing drivers for how many races / championships they won, not how much money they earned during their career.....

If it were you, what would really be your priority - being remembered or building up your bank balance ready for the end of your short career? I know what mine would be having made it to the heights of F1 World Champion - job done, time to consolidate for the future. New challenges, new faces, new offshore investments.