Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Oh lord here we go again. 

If i recall we already had the debate regarding the tanks in your Stampe Martin and as loath as i am to get into it again the performance of the engine is poor. You might be satisfied, but i have seen it fly and you are leaving significant performance on the table with the setup you have and the engine is running nowhere near its best. No matter the tube diameter the top tank will force feed fuel into the lower without a pressure isolation setup and you will suffer mixture change problems as fuel level drops as gravity cares not about pipe diameter. Its not a good setup and i do not recommend it is copied. 

Cut a hole, lower the tank, job done. 

Jon did you make a access hatch in the bottom of the Fuz 

recently I’ve been in charge at home of Washing and squashing the plastic bottles for the bin,

In a moment of madness I wonder if I can deform a tank with hot water post it through a smaller hole and reverse the proses 

hold the replies until I’ve got my ear defenders and dark glasses on 

Bit of laziness and a bit of wanting to get it in the air quick also Some stupid sentimental  Reason for not breaking out the disc cutter and hammer 

Sprung undercarriage of the flair variety has been chatted about but I’ve only seen pictures and played with the Turbulent type

ive got some measurements and drawings for them 

Slightly off topic, but relevant! Jon has advised me with a couple of models to move bulkheads/cut lumps out of wings and although it sounds drastic at the time in my case its been easier in the long run and avoided suboptimal engine performance. I have of course ignored Jon with another model and installed tanks side by side (easy install) and although everything seemed to run okay for a good few flights it did dead stick and at a most inconvenient time and land in a potato field! Correct installation of a tank has now resolved the issue.

Bottom line, if it dead sticks and you severally damage the model, you might have wished you had done the mod, just saying! 

Yeah been in that Field twice wishing I had fitted a Magneto kill switch to my green and silver Stampe when the throttle servo packed up

The engine fell off on another and refused to quit until it was out of fuel 
 Half a hour later and a slot in the cowl it landed

Nyloc nuts now fitted 

50A7176F-5E5E-4821-8F0E-37C76EDF15CA.jpeg

Ultimately I do take on board Jon’s views on the height and location of the tank,

And would agree with him,

there’s somewhere else better suited for this debate than this forum 

painful part is to overcome the how and do 

I recently put on some pics of My mates Stampe that has sprung undercarriage fitted,

It uses gas struts rather than springs 

Yellow one was my second Stampe

wings clapped exiting a loop

my son William was flying it.

How the years have passed, think he was around 8 years old when that happened,

It was with my new Laser 150 only a few flights old I had to purchase a new carb

I kept a few bits dunno why but they are good for reference points

image.jpg

1 hour ago, cymaz said:

There is an Evolution 26gx for sale on FB if anyone is interested. Being a beam mount and front mounted carb, installation should be more straightforward. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2731304653765479/permalink/3524277284468208/?sale_post_id=3524277284468208&fs=e&s=cl

Had the 28cc one,MVVS

proper power house

found the exhaust was a bit to big 

C0CFF741-6562-4B31-BFF2-08F123ABC9C8.jpeg

28 minutes ago, bert baker said:

I can do scale if I really want to 

13DF4D55-8B45-4DA3-9D79-0136C2A8D3BD.jpeg

Dont tell me, you were ground running the engine with the model tied down, and the torque of that massive prop flipped the whole garden over? Smaller engines Bert, you have to use smaller engines 😉 

22 minutes ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

Dont tell me, you were ground running the engine with the model tied down, and the torque of that massive prop flipped the whole garden over? Smaller engines Bert, you have to use smaller engines 😉 

Yep you’ve had same issue plays havoc the the locals down the pub