Ripmax Easy Street

JC

Advert

That's probably because it's an ancient pre-jurassic design for 400 size motors. I've just looked on the ripmax website and all they seem to do is spare parts. It's not one I would go for - get something a bit more up to date for brushless motors and lipos.

Try something like this: http://alshobbies.com/shop/lookupstock.php?pc=7089&Desc= . Although it's probably more expensive, it'll have better flight characteristics and looks a whole lot better.

jonathan

Jonathan hi

Thanks for the reply. I like the look of the Easy Street and athought not qiute pre Jurrassic I,m getting on a bit myself. I saw a review of the model in RCME in the 90s and have allways wanted one but did not get one as I was just starting out in RC and the Easy Street is not a beginners aircraft.. The Easy Street was designed for 600 brushed motor but could take an inrunner set up with lipo.

Regards

Jon (also a Jonathan) 

Right,

Well you might pick up a really old one if you phone round a few model shops, but I don't think anyone stocks them anymore. The other alternative would be to build something very similar. I don't know whether you're a subscriber, but a few years ago there was a plan for a Nigel Hawes Whizzza, the 600 size version of the Fizza I'm currently building. It would be easily modified to look more like the Ripmax design.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Thank you very much for the tip. I have allways fancied a go at buliding from a plan as I have now bulit several traditional kits and would enjoy the challenge of scratch buliding from a plan. I will try to find the plan of the Whizzza.

Cheers

Jon 

• 3 months later...

I had a fizza a great little plane (till it took the side of the hill out!), if you do a search on google they do have a website, they have some excellent small balsa kits on there, the fizza 2 is out, I have heard good things about it, but it is somewhat larger.  The love of the fizza was how small to put into the car it was and take anywhere with me. 

Looking for something similar, off on holiday soon so need it up and running quick, the mini Pulse does look a good little plane, although I did like how basic the fizza was (solid plank for wing. 

If people can recommend this or other very basic similar size plane (36" wing max"), which bounces well, it would be appreciated.  Almost a park flier.  Did think of the Parkzones Spitfire.

Jon, I was after an Easy Street about a year ago and on posting a request like yours got similar replies - some folk just don't seem to apprieciate 'we' like some of the 'older' models, I've now almost completed a 45" Nigel Hawes Tucano but would still like an Easy Street - Cos I like em!

...so TOM, if you've still got your Easy Street and Jon hasn't snapped it up ... I'll have it ...

..hopefully, Jon Hill.  

I bought one off ebay about a year ago - I paid £35 I think.  Mine has a cheapo outrunner (about 300 watts) that cost about £15 and a 3S lipo in it.  Goes like stink.  Very nice for big smoooooottttthhhhh fast aerobatics.  I really like it.  Recommended.

And I do have some more modern machines like a Mini Ultra Stick and Mini Funtana .............. I like them too but they're a completely different breed.

GG  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
David I had one of these till very recently until I tried a KE pass at less that wingspan altitude. It was a nice flier on 200 watts a 1500 3S and an APC 8x8 so it will be a pocket rocket on 300 watts. I replaced it with a Hyperion Helios 10E which uses the same power train and is just that bit sharper given its more modern design. I'm sure your Easystreet  will be great fun and its easy to pop in the boot as well.

EasyStreet - lovely little model with a 300W outrunner and 3S 2250 LiPo.  As GrumpyGnome said, it really is a miniature pattern aerobatic model.  I picked my ARTF version up for £25 at a club bring'n'buy. 
I have the Balsacraft plan at home IIRC it costs about £3-4 to get a copy run off.  
I needed the plan after spending too long practising low inverted figure eights, and trying to gain altitude with up elevator.

if I came across another kit, I'd be tempted to try it as a soarer, it seems to float forever on approach so I think it would go well in a bit of a blow.

Whatever the covering is it's pretty tough and well applied because mine had very little hanger rash despite being thrown in the car boot on top of everything else (it went to every flying session). I fitted it with a PG03 on ailerons so it would fly better in higher winds and I also reinforced the 'bottom lip' front edge of hatch with fibre reinforced tape as it was always getting scraped on landing.

• 7 years later...

Hi, I have just purchased a almost complete easy street off of eBay , it's missing prop and top and bottom hatches but is complete with what I think is the original motor and ESC. Is it worth just putting a lipo in it as it is or would it be better to change it to brushless straight away?? Will original set up work with lipo?? And any idea what prop I should use?? I'm new to electric flight having been out of the hobby for many years.

I have an Easy Street I built years ago and have never flown. It's among a pile of models and enginbes destined to appear at the next swap meet near me. If anyone would like a complete unstarted kit, there's one in our club hut as part of a load of stuff being sold by the family of a member who recently died. Let me know and once the holiday season is over, I'll check if it's still available (it was on Friday when I was up there flying - I acquired an old Laser 62).

I found with mine that the space for batteries won't quite accept a 3S 2200 LiPo so a smaller one will be needed. Fitting a brushless motor would be no trouble at all.

Geoff

I have 3 Easy Streets, !! obviously love them . ( and a spare set of wings !)

They are quick, not as fast as the EFX, but pretty nippy , I gather from my "older"pylon friends, that they bought the kits purely for the wings which were the best easily obtainable ready built ones, so the plane has "providence "

I fit mine with 1700 kv on an 8x4 on a 3s 2200 and SD 200 servos , Super smooth, and end to end very fast knife edge. !

Old it may be, but not out !!

pete

How did you get the 3S 2200 LiPos in? It was when I found they were too bulky I gave up, having more interesting projects on hand. It was intended as a quick bit of fun but when I found it needed more thought I decided to abandon it. Probably far too quick for me anyway

Geoff