Show us your workshop!

Ernie

Advert

Yes, thats a lovely neat workshop and I like the model "hangers" and would definately copy that, but my garage has to accomodate two cars as well, so I cant access most of the roof space

Stephen, you have saved my bacon mate...the wife was only saying the other day how the models are taking over the house......just because I had one in the dining room for just over half an hour, for photographic purposes only
I am now up to 24 fully rigged and ready to go models, with two more in boxes, and I am getting concerned as to where they are all going to fit. At the moment 3 of them live on the (covered ) roof of my sports car which hibernates until May, so after that, I am going to have a problem
I really must get on and sort out some extra racking somewhere in my crowded space.

Thanks Joe, I'm lucky to have a large garage that has hardly ever seen even my old Ford, let alone an Aston Martin.  The lucky guys are those who have achieved domestic planning permission to build on the dining table and store their planes in the lounge.  Now they have REALLY understanding wives!

PS How did you know I dream about Aston Martins?
Regards Phil. 

• 1 month later...
well at long last the big clear up is under way, i have managed to get for one side to the other. i have two loads ready for the tip, found umpteen fuel tanks,servo's and engine mounts, wheels and under carriages(must have over 100 wheels), found a little art tech zero i got from a boot sale for £3 and slung to one side had an outrunner+esc+servoes in the bag as well. i am now surrounded as i type this by 8 ready to fly planes as they are stacked by my computor so ican clear the rest of the space. i will start selling off some planes at carboot sales next month. i have 30 or 40 engines to go too mostly 25 to 40 and about 50 odd servoes. i will posts some photos when i find my camera in the mess

hi, i havent been modelling for very long, but just about made enough room in the shed so i could re build my trainer(yes your right i crashed it) can't seem to upload the photos.
                                                                 ted                                                        

There's some really nice places in this thread. However, I make do with an 18ft end of a low trussed roof space, and it's getting a bit full!
As seen from the ladder on the way up. The workbench is at the far end with the radio and most of the tools in reach without more than just swivelling on the chair. Fuselages and wings racked on the left.

Left hand corner of the work bench with the trusty 1982 Dremel scroll saw.

Looking back to the left. Lots of bits to go flying with.

Where the wings and some of the bigger fuselages are stored. Herc wings at the top, Hurricane hanging by its tail wheel.

the boot sales will be the old ford airfield on saturdays and fontwell racecourse on sundays.both are in west sussex. if anybody is interested and lives close enough they are quite welcome to come and have a look and i will try to flog them some thing or other . ihave to get shot of about twenty planes and loads of bits. pm me if your interested

Josip Vrandecic-Mess wrote on the 22/03/2010
Good morning VA !
Few minits ago I looked  at your picture again (second one) , and  I noticed yours exellent solution for hanging models from the ceiling.Thanks so much , in the name of my wife ,i'm going to make few pieces

Didn't know there was so much interest in my plane hangers - for those who are interested a close up.

And to David: Yes I am a Sebby fan - for two reasons.

A) Those things fly well
B) Designed in Italy

Peter,
Garage is 2,40 m ( little less then 8 ') high - clearance below planes is 1,90m (6' 3")
so I can walk below without touching anything. Max plane sizes (so far - I am working on a bigger one) are 50 or 60 size. so for instance the Sebart Angel 50 in yellow and red I used as example has a wingspan of 1,6m.

In Italy all rooms are high in comparison to Austria or UK (countries where I have some experience) . So for example the ground floor of my house here has a height of 3.20m. Pretty annoying when it comes to painting the rooms.... 
VA