This quarter's BMFA news

Erfolg

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 19/05/2015 05:09:05:
Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 20/03/2015 22:41:40:
Photos by email or dropbox mailbigfile etc.
[email protected]

What i can do at some point is create a Club Profile submission guide. Containing a guide to the type of info etc.

Hello Andy

One of our longest term members has started putting something together, give us a clue on how many words long it should be please.

John

Excellent!! I shall look forward to receiving it.

Next issue should be landing on door mats any day now. It's printed and I have a copy in front of me. Contains a Club Profile from Yorkshire Coast Model Flyers.

Cymaz, haven't received anything from you yet.

Mines arrived - but not my son's, even though we live in the same house! I must say I am impressed with it. Just a 2 page spread on "vintage" stuff which may be proportional to the amount of people interested (I don't know of any) and plenty of very interesting articles. A good variety of disciplines covered. I think the mag has improved.

• 1 month later...
Posted by cymaz on 20/03/2015 21:24:05:

Andy, you've thrown down a gauntlet.....I cannot refuse and accept your challenge.

St. Austell DMC have a club meeting and concours next week. A report will be winging its way to you.

( I am now taking bets it won't be in a publication - got to make room for the free flight boys wink

Did you take many bets and did you lose much? August issue Pg 43!! wink

Posted by GrahamWh on 21/05/2015 22:05:02:

Mines arrived - but not my son's, even though we live in the same house! I must say I am impressed with it. Just a 2 page spread on "vintage" stuff which may be proportional to the amount of people interested (I don't know of any) and plenty of very interesting articles. A good variety of disciplines covered. I think the mag has improved.

Well, I've just thumbed through my copy and I counted eighteen pages of free flight, vintage and nostalgia type stuff including how to cover your model in old curtains! Still work in progress as far as I can see.

Andy Sephton's Scale Column looks like it's going to be all free flight, but after seeing Mr Sephton land The Shuttleworth's Spitfire up the hill on the short runway because of crosswinds on the main strip some years ago (massive applause from the airshow crowd at the time) he can write about anything he jolly well likes AFAICyes

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 13/07/2015 14:12:39:
Posted by cymaz on 20/03/2015 21:24:05:

Andy, you've thrown down a gauntlet.....I cannot refuse and accept your challenge.

St. Austell DMC have a club meeting and concours next week. A report will be winging its way to you.

( I am now taking bets it won't be in a publication - got to make room for the free flight boys wink

Did you take many bets and did you lose much? August issue Pg 43!! wink

Not enough Stampes in this edition for me, some lads are obsessed with em wink

John

Edited By john stones 1 on 13/07/2015 16:29:44

I agree with Masher whole heartedly. Wish I was into free flight, I think I would enjoy the mag a little better. Wonder if we have had a poll on what we fly, such as scale. sports, F/F, jets,  Slopers  etc ? Cheers

Edited By fly boy3 on 13/07/2015 17:24:03

Well I have just finished reading an interesting article all about RDT's. I have got to the end and still have no idea what an RDT is. This is typical of so much of the mag, no thought about addressing it to the greater majority, if you are not in the select group then it's often just a load of meaningless jargon. Surely it must be possible to fit in a paragraph at the start of an article to introduce whatever is being addressed, whether it is a technical term or a competition class.

AJ

I'm assuming it means a de thermaliser (in this case radio controlled one?). My Free flight is limited to my old Keil Kraft rubber models (I bought a couple of old kits at a bring and buy sale a few years back).

I rather enjoyed this quarters news (quite a wide variety!) . I rather fancy having a try at the Wakefields , however our strip and the surrounding area (built up!) does not lend itself to FF.

Can I also point out that the magazine does pay for articles (I was happily surprised when I submitted an article some years ago). I'd love to see some detailed builds there - along the lines of Jez Harris's builds.

My usual disappointment again this month. It might be just me but, it seems that unless you are retired, like scale free flight, CL or similar then you only get an occasional line on normal sport scale flying, which I suggest most of the BMFA membership undertake. I find it dull and boring, particular compared to the mag I used to get from the AMA whilst flying in the states.