Delivery problems!

You're spot on Ben - its a subject for another thread! Not here!

Paul, a while ago I had some problems with a delivery from Hong Kong - it was taking ages. This was before the UK warehouse opened. I went on the "live chat" facility on the HK website and got an instant response from a very nice lady who found the tracking number of my parcel and told me that and exactly where it was at that moment. You could try that.

BEB

Advert

Hi Paul,

I have never used HK but I have for many years had all kinds of items ( mostly non related to this hobby but far more expensive ) delivered to me from all over the world. You do learn very quickly that when you give a delivery details, you make sure there is someone there to receive the item during working hours Mon-Friday. You can't blame the courier for the fact that your work colleagues had gone home early and you certainly can't blame the supplier ( In this case HK)

Just my opinion from past experiences.

Hope you get things sorted.......Dale.

Posted by Paul Marsh on 19/02/2013 23:05:28:

I don't know if it came by Parcelforce. Could be DHL, UPS, etc, but where do I start?
On the tracker via the HK delivery firm. That is called China Post, it says "Attempted delivery" at the address, but no card was left. I ordered via HK UK, but still came from China. If HK replied to my emails, then maybe they can shed some light. But looks like I've wasted my money.angry

I don't understand why there is no card/no re-post directions. The logic of it is there is no logic...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 19/02/2013 23:08:43

Paul - China Post are the Chinese National Postal Service, like Royal Fail/Parcel Farce are here.

Theyhave agreements with most other national Postal services, so the package will be carried to the aircraft by China Post and then off the aircraft through customs to You by Parcel Farce.

I would do as has been suggested above and either use the on site tracking system on HK or use the live chat facility and get the UK tracking number, you can then phone PF up, explain you have no card but give them the Tracking numbet (13 digits, normally Letter,Letter, 9 numbers,GB or HK), and they will either reattempt delivery or you can collect from the Depot.

I had to do this with stuff for another hobby of mine and UPS, it is not a HK or even a PF exclusive problem but one of lazy drivers quite often.

This order was placed with the Hong King Warehouse, not the UK warehouse.....the OP may think differently but that is the plain simple fact of it I am afraid.

The tracking number generated will be there to see if the OP logs into his account, that tracking number can be used with both HK Post and Parcelforce........this model is sat in a depot waitng to be collected, I can't do this for the OP, I am always willing to help but some things I simply can not do.....please call your local Parcelforce depot.

Posted by Scott Cuppello - HobbyKing on 20/02/2013 09:57:12:

This order was placed with the Hong King Warehouse, not the UK warehouse.....the OP may think differently but that is the plain simple fact of it I am afraid.

The tracking number generated will be there to see if the OP logs into his account, that tracking number can be used with both HK Post and Parcelforce........this model is sat in a depot waitng to be collected, I can't do this for the OP, I am always willing to help but some things I simply can not do.....please call your local Parcelforce depot.

I know this has been covered before with you, but it would be useful if it was even more clear which warehouse the products came from. Maybe in the checkout stage (before you go to PayPal) you have some big text to specify which warehouse the products are coming from? If its a users first order (or first after a long time - e.g. last order before the warehouses opened), maybe have a popup to query if they intend that they are ordering from the correct warehouse?

I've personally never had a problem, but I've had numerous arguments with the (often older) guys at the field who were moaning that they ordered from the UK Warehouse and got stung by customs. I try explaining that ordering from the UK Warehouse, it comes from the UK and thus no customs - so they must have ordered from the HK warehouse. However they adamantly say they did order from the UK Warehouse, so I guess the website still must not be clear enough...

Its one of those things that is probably needlessly upsetting customers through the site not being user friendly enough. I guess its something to pass onto HQ?

Going back to parcelfarce, its a shame that you don't offer any other courier option! I've seen parcelforce employees juggling an important parcel at my door step before I answered the door (luckily it was well padded), a parcel had been left in my wheelie bin with a card posted through the door (it was bin day too!) and even had them post a card through the door without bothering to ring. Also another common trick is that if they leave the parcel somewhere or forget to ask my for my signature, they forge it! I can't imagine any of what happened is actually even legal...

Si.

Edited By Simon Chambers on 20/02/2013 10:20:43

I think you can have problems with all couriers. In my area ParcelForce are great, no problems. Intercity i had problems and had to cancel the orderer as i could not get them to deliver it, so will not buy from anyone using them as couriers. Also one courier ; i had to travel 3miles to pick a parcel up from his van, or he wouldn't deliver, and we are a normal village with no access problems, and large main roads. A bit miffed as i payed extra next day delivery.

I once opened my front door to find a Parcel force man just about to put a card through my door.

Strange though, he didn't have the parcel with him!
This reinforced what I had suspected for some time, that all they were doing at that time was delivering cards, leaving it to us punters to collect all parcels.

When challenged, quick as a flash he said "I brought it yesterday but had run out of cards".
Of course this didn't ring true either, becuse someone was at home all that day too.

This was some time ago, and I really can't complain at the service at present.

An update:

Got a reply off HK, saying that to contact the courier - who that is, I don't know!

Thinking it's China Post, I emailed them. Nothing.(probably not them, anyway) No help from HK or a courier (whoever that is).crying

Went to Northwich Swopmeet today. And guess what: Someone was selling the model I want for around the same price. And guess what? They live in the same town as me!!!sad

If I waited, I would have the model now, without all this hassle. Opened a Paypal dispute for non-received goods, so hopefully, if I get my money back will be round quick as-a-flash to pick the model up from him. (didn't sell, thankfully).

Luckily I paid by Paypal...

Paul

I have a lot of confidence that your parcel will turn up.

With carriers there will be problems from time to time. Yet they do deliver, eventually.

Sometimes it does seem to be useful as well as pleasant to get to know your postie, as now my signed for items are put somewhere semi safe, if I am not there, the card marked up, with where it is. I have just received my Miles M52 book, via that arrangement.

For other companies I have some sympathies, after a short chat with one guy, he told me that he had some 150 (Christmas weeks) parcels to deliver in a working day. I do remember working out, that I estimated as one every 5 minutes or so, working some 10 hours.

Now I do not work, I am some what more sanguine, about speed in general.

Paul,

Did you not see the reply from Scott a few posts above:

"The tracking number generated will be there to see if the OP logs into his account, that tracking number can be used with both HK Post and Parcelforce........this model is sat in a depot waitng to be collected, I can't do this for the OP, I am always willing to help but some things I simply can not do

.....please call your local Parcelforce depot."

All you need to do is pick up the phone and contact parcelforce, tell them no card was left and they will ask for the delivery address and they will tell you where the parcel is.

Problem solved!

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 24/02/2013 16:13:50

Paul have you looked in your Hobbking account?

Sign in, where it says Orders: click the word CHECK alongside. This takes you to your order history.

On the line showing this particular order there should be a tracking number at the end such as RS916837635CH

"Copy" your version of this number, letters and all.

Then go to **LINK**

"Paste" your number in there to track your parcel.

If that doesn't work, phone your local parcel force depot with that tracking number.

Then, let us know how you get on.

Hi Paul,

Let's try an alternative . You will have received an email, amongst others, from HK headed ' Your parcel has been sent from the HobbyKing.com warehouse!'

Open it and you will find the following text:

Hello, Pete B (your name, obviouslysmile)

Hi
This is an email to inform you that your item has been dispatched from our warehouse.
TRK#: 471500****233
To:

---my address---

Try entering the number in bold above from your email into the tracking page on the Parcelforce sitethumbs up

What happens then?

Pete

Posted by Paul Marsh on 24/02/2013 15:47:34:

Opened a Paypal dispute for non-received goods, so hopefully, if I get my money back will be round quick as-a-flash to pick the model up from him. (didn't sell, thankfully).

Luckily I paid by Paypal...

Paypal will ask for a tracking number, which HK can provide which will show that they attempted delivery to you but nobody was available to sign for it, and now it is just sitting waiting for you to collect, which you havent done which makes it your fault you havent received it.

I personally dont see why you even think HK should have to pay you your money back when they have upheld their side of the deal, it was your fault you were not at the address you gave for delivery, and all you have to do is contact parcel force to get what your waiting for.

Edited By Codename-John on 24/02/2013 19:10:27

I ordered a plane from HK in the UK ,double checked items were from UK warehouse,placed the order then went on to live chat to A / confirm it the order was placed and B/ it was placed in the UK warehouse answer yes to both and package recieved in less the 48hrs delivered by PForce. You must check that all items are available from the warehouse of your choosing otherwise if ! item is not available I think the whole order reverts to Honk Kong .any way I'm a happy bunny and hope this helps

Got a reply back from parcelforce. It's been held due to customs. Not really happy, as there is a £40 customs fee ontop of the £96 I already paid.

Don't understand it, ordered from HK UK warehouse, still came from China, and normally don't get customs on it. Not going to order from Hobbyking again. Much more expensive than buying in this country. Surprised how they can stay in business, even though other people seemed happy.

So I'm paying £130 odd for a flying wing, where someone at Northwich had one for sale for £90 BNIB. and having to wait a month for it...

Not in a good mood.angry

About 15 pounds of that 40 is added on by Parcelforce as their "handling" charge for providing the high quality of service they offer! Hahah... I wish..

I have made loads of orders from HK and have never had an item delivered from China when I thought I had ordered from the UK warehouse, saying that it is very easy to get the locations mixed up when you are on the HK website.

Also, I have to pickup from about 15 miles away, or it can be redelivered, but that adds another postage charge. Either way, it's costed much more than I envisaged and took much longer. As said, won't be ordering any more, unless they sort their website/shop out and make it less complicated.