Delivery problems!

I bought a Sonic 64 from Hobbyking three weeks ago, and when it eventually was posted to work, was a friday after noon and no-one was here. Says attempted delivery, but no card or details was left. Checked the tracker, but there is no details on where it is, or how to retrieve.

Tried emailing them, but no answer. The first and last time I will be using this company

After all the hype, I get to buy from this company, everything which has gone wrong has gone wrong. Hopefully, I might get my money back, via paypal, But not counting on it...

Advert

Ok Paul, sorry to see this but let's take a logical approach here.......Hobbyking did not try to deliver the plane....Parcelforce did.....so Parcelforce didn't post a card through the door......which is against there own policy I believe, however, you must surely have a tracking number so why not use that tracking number to a - Firstly check the delivery status on the Parcelforce website and failing that, b - Talk to your nearest Parcelforce depot and ask them to track it.......which is all CS can do except they are 9,000 miles and 8 hours difference away.

Hi Paul,

I received an item the other week, it was from Hong Kong via Parcelforce in the UK, I kept an eye on both both the HK tracking info (which I thought was excellent) and then kept monitoring the parcelforce site, I looked one morning and the status turned to "delivered", I shot home and sure enough there was my parcel ready and waiting.

I also ordered some items form the UK warehouse and they arrived before I even tried looking at any tracking info.

Hope your stuff turns up but I do agree it's a UK carriers problem and not HK.

Regards

Do people feel it would be good to hear more positive experiences with their dealings with HobbyKing, I intend to order a plane from HK UK and will post my experience on here, I have in the past 6 mths bought several items from HK possibly Hong Kong depot (not sure) recieved in 3 weeks including a 18" inch which meant a large box and yes I had to pay duty which at the time was a surprise but after speaking to CS via chat understood the process much better. I have to say as a born again modeller it all feels so different no more LMS's near me but hey thats a sign of the times and online stores such as HK or Giant Shark are a lifeline without which modeling would slowly cease to excist

I have very positive experiences of ordering from HobbyKing. Stuff from HK sometimes takes a week, sometimes three, but I suspect that often that is down to the amount of time that it takes for UK Customs to clear stuff.

I've also ordered larger items from the UK warehouse. I made a mistake and had a non matcing postcode. Sorted out with online customer services and delivered by Parcel force. It was a big EPP profile YAK, and my son is delighted with it, prop hanging it on the maiden. At about half the price of other brands it is fantastic value for money.

I also really like the fact that they use Parcelforce. If I miss a delivery I don't have to consider driving 30 miles to a depot in order to make sure that a parcel does not get returned to sender.

The delivery I missed was left at a local post office. 2 minutes in the car at my convenience and I had my parcel. [I know I should have walked!]

It sounds like Paul's beef is with Parcelforce, not Hobbyking.

Guys can we not turn this into a "HK did this" and "HK did that" thread? I think Scott is quite right - the issue here would seem to be with Parcelforce - not HK.

Paul - I suggest you get the tracking number and check out the status on the Parcelforce website. If that doesn't tell you how to get your parcel redelivered then contact their helpline by phone - you can usually arrange a new delivery time.

BEB

PS I am changing the title of this thread as I do not believe, based on the OP, it is a fair reflection of the actual situation.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 19/02/2013 12:47:39

Just to add my two penneth worth; out of a total of 32 orders from HK using the Hong Kong, UK warehouses and self collection I've only had one minor hitch that was sorted out without the slightest quibbling by the following day.

I got more agro from the LHS circuit! Late, great Galaxy Models excepted.

As a HK customer I for one have placed many orders with them. I have never had an issue that was a HK issue.

I have however chased the postman down the street, having had a card through the door, to find it had never left the depot.

I have also had UK based parcel delivered, via courier services (my wife infinitely more) and rarely had an issue in more recent times.

Both HK and the various parcel delivery services are in my opinion very good at present. There is one straggler which is the PO and Parcel Force, yet even they seem to be getting to grips with their act.

Gentlemen,

perhaps I have not made myself sufficiently clear. This thread is not about HK. HK are only one of many companies that use ParcelForce. The thread is about delivery in general and ParcelForce in particular.

Thanks

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 19/02/2013 12:50:55

I think this is traditional parcelfarce service. I caught one parcelforce driver sitting outside my flat in the van filling out the "sorry you were out" card which he promptly put through the door without ringing or knocking! I had to run out into the street after him to get my parcel.

I've also had good service from HK. The only issue was returning DOA stuff- I was told I had to return a charger whose backlight died the second time I used it. It was going to cost me £20 to return a £20 charger so I didn't bother.....

Paul

If you go into your HK account, under your name it says orders, then a number and then check in blue, click where it says check, and it takes you through to all your orders where at the end of each line there is a number, copy and paste that number into parcel forces track and trace page and you will find out exactly where your parcel is, it will also show you your uk tracking number for any enquiry`s

Gentlemen,

This is my first post to an RCM&E forum and I am starting badly by not exactly sticking to BEB's strictures but I have just received my first order from "those who shall not be named" after being discouraged by the negative comments that bounce about. I have been flying for donkey's years but have never tried EDF. I eventually succumbed to the lure of the Vampire (the DH one, that is) and placed an order with the UK depot last Tuesday. It arrived yesterday, complete and undamaged. No, I'm not related to Scott, just think that we should see both sided of any argument.

David Holland

Historically I've had a few problems with both parcel force and City-Link (the main ones I've used in North Devon) and have the impression that parcel force guys don't hang around waiting for an answer as the wife has said on a few occasions that she's got to the door to see the van pulling away whereas the City-Link guys seem to stay and wait a bit longer.

However, there's a sub post office 100yds up road and main sorting office is only 6 miles away but City Link depot is over 45 miles so if we do miss it I prefer it to be Parcel Force.

As we're a bit deserted and up a private driveway, I often put "Leave Parcel in porch" if delivery comments are available - works more often than not and delivery tracking says left as per instructions.

Living in the sticks we get a load of stuff from the internet so have a load of small and large deliveries but have to say, we don't often have problems that a quick call to the number on the card couldn't sort out but if there's no card!!!.

Skippy

When I ordered the Sonic, it was through the uk warehouse, but said it was coming from abroad, which I don't understand. However, I keep sending emails to Hobbyking, but still no replies,yet.

It is both a posting and HK problem, as I said,it did arrive, but where is it. On the tracking website, it gives a 11182((for example_ number, that makes no sense. What do I do?

Paul - I'm struggling to follow the logic here. Have you contacted Parcelforce to ask about re-delivery? How do you know they attempted delivery to the correct address? If they didn't leave a card or it's been lost or misappropriated there must be a mechanism to re-deliver to the same address even if the card is missing.

As far as I can see, the supplier has done their job without fault.

I don't know if it came by Parcelforce. Could be DHL, UPS, etc, but where do I start?
On the tracker via the HK delivery firm. That is called China Post, it says "Attempted delivery" at the address, but no card was left. I ordered via HK UK, but still came from China. If HK replied to my emails, then maybe they can shed some light. But looks like I've wasted my money.angry

I don't understand why there is no card/no re-post directions. The logic of it is there is no logic...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 19/02/2013 23:08:43

could i just ask those who have experience of ordering from bobby ding if you ordered from uk ware house , but it came from hong dong , do you /did you get stung for import and/or all the other chargesor are you not liable as after all you ordered from uk i know its a different discussion but it was mentioned in a couple of posts so i thought id ask taaaa