Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Posted by Erfolg on 10/02/2014 15:20:44:

How do I sign into the mini League ?

See my post of 1107 today, Erf - I explained how there!smile

Find the link to 'Friends Leagues' in the header bar, then 'Join League' and insert the details from the table in John's post above.

Pete

I can't link to each page you want as I'm logged-in and it tells me I already have a team. Make sure you are logged in and get to the Game Page.

Once you are there, the link is in the header of the page: click on 'Friends Leagues' , then when that page loads, click on 'Join League', and insert:

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 651923

Hope that helps....

Pete

There was a database failure on the badger site yesterday evening and a small amount of data was not able to be restored from the backups. It appears that Erfolg and Karl are both affected though. So can they both please register again.

Adam at badgergp apologises for this and assures me that more resilience has been put in place to minimise the risk of it happening again. At least there's still plenty of time before the season kicks off to get everything sorted out!

I think I have done everything.

Was tempted to drop my number 3 driver, I am not sure he will cut the mustard.His days may be numbered.

Seems that reliability will be the issue early on, at least.

What I am not clear about this year is it permitted for the engine builder to make major changes, or are the designs fixed as last year?

Yep - you're successfully onboard now! As is Karl, and there are now 14 of us;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 0
2 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 0
3 rActive Pat Harbord 0
4 Richfr F1 Richard 0
5 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 0
6 pits specials john stones 0
7 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 0
8 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 0
9 iQonics GP Racing iqon 0
10 Norfolk Flyers nss 0
11 Roos racers rk295 0
12 Typhoontone typhoontone 0
13 Revers Racing Pete B 0
14 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 0

Don't forget we're allowed unlimited 'free' team changes during the first two rounds - though (fairly obviously) you can't make a team change once qualifying starts until after that race!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, Tony! That brings us up to 15. thumbs up

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 rActive Pat Harbord 0
2 Mannschaft Erfolg erfolg 0
3 Richfr F1 Richard 0
4 Essex Racing Essex Racing 0
5 CrackYak Racing Karl grey 0
6 pits specials john stones 0
7 I could not think of a team name Concorde Speedbird 0
8 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 0
9 iQonics GP Racing iqon 0
10 Norfolk Flyers nss 0
11 Roos racers rk295 0
12 Typhoontone typhoontone 0
13 Robs F1 Legends Rob Lewis 0
14 Revers Racing Pete B 0
15 JohnPs Plonkers JohnP 0

• 3 weeks later...

Right then folks, reminder time! Regulars from last year will recall that this is about the time I urge you, "DON'T FORGET YOUR PREDICTIONS!"

So by way of an explanation for the newbies this year; as well as winning points for our team's performance in each race, we also get to predict various outcomes and gain 15 extra points for each correct prediction.

Predictions are for the race results, 1st, 2nd and 3rd, also pole position, fastest lap and the number of safety car incidents in the race. Get all three podium postions right and there's an additional bonus of 15 points - get all the predictions right and there's an additional 30 points bonus - that makes a possible bonus score of 105 points from the predictions.

Predictions have to be made individually for each race, and can be entered at any time after the previous race up until the start of qualifying. Clearly if you don't enter any predictions you're throwing away the chance of gaining extra points. You can change your predictions as many times as you want - it's whatever predictions you have in place when qualifying starts that counts. So it's a good idea to enter a set of "banker" predictions well ahead of the race. You can then change them if you want in the light of practice performance, but if for some reason you forget, or can't get online at the vital moment, or whatever, then you still have some predictions entered.

Final point - don't forget it's an early start for qualifying (and the race) at silly o'clock in the morning - so don't necessarily rely on doing your predictions just before qualifying starts!

It's going to be a fascinating weekend, I reckon. First practice starts in just under an hour from now, qualifying and race at 6am (UK time) on Sat/Sun.

Edited By John Privett on 14/03/2014 00:45:37

OK - all is good... Reply from Adam;

"I've double checked and can confirm that any prediction changes aren't saved. It may appear that they do but there's a big red message saying the game is locked and changes to team and predictions are not saved.

All good I think. If you make a change and then refresh you'll find the change hasn't been saved."

I've suggested to him that in a future site update it might be good to remove or disable the edit option whilst the game is locked so it doesn't look like you can make changes.