Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 12/06/2017 20:59:58:
Posted by iqon on 12/06/2017 20:10:22:

Manager sacked again , also only getting 1 prediction. How am I hanging on to 2nd surprise

Because predicting got much harder, so most score low as the norm, last year i had a few 50 scores this year it's 20 mostly. Racing's better though wink

50 -sarcastic

• 2 weeks later...

So, picking up iqon's prompt...

Don't forget your predictions!

Looks like Red Bull could be the team to beat this weekend in Azerbaijan, judging by P1 and P2. Qualifying and the race both start at 2pm UK-time, and I believe there's terrestrial coverage on Ch.4 for the non-Sky folks.

I'm off to do my predictions now.

Results time! And it looks like a fairly low-scoring round for our league members today - and indeed for fantasygp as a whole with a result that I think few would have predicted! Fantasgp overall high-score today was only 169.

Here is how we scored in Azerbaijan;

Results from Azerbaijan

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 112
2 VBT Racing Yorik 108
3 Bernies Big Brown Envelope serepton PRO 107
4 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 102
5 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 102
6 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 99
7 iqon racing iqon racing 92
8 Revers Racing Pete B 89
9 Slopeflyers F1 jimbo32010 81
10 FalconFormulaOne Tony Hamer 77
11 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 77
12 Pitts Specials john stones 72
13 teewrex John Tee 72
14 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 60
15 Essex Racing Tony Clark 55

Up next, how has this affected the overall places?

Championship Standings

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Bernies Big Brown Envelope serepton PRO 1072
2 iqon racing iqon racing 1029
3 VBT Racing Yorik 1026
4 Revers Racing Pete B 985
5 Pitts Specials john stones 985
6 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 919
7 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 896
8 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 895
9 FalconFormulaOne Tony Hamer 894
10 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 887
11 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 839
12 Slopeflyers F1 jimbo32010 838
13 Essex Racing Tony Clark 816
14 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 805
15 teewrex John Tee 558

So the top three remain unchanged, but John S and Pete B swap 4th and 5th places - though both are now on 985 points. Kev remains in 6th but Simon moves up a place to 7th and I move up 2 places to 8th with Tony H moving down 2 places to 9th. But there's only one point between 7th and 8th, and also between 8th and 9th!

Down one place to 10th is Carl with Charles moving up 3 places to 11th. Jimbo's slopeflyers stay 12th but Tony C slips two places to 13th. GAry slips a place to 14th and John T remains 15th.

Well nobody can deny today's race was somewhat 'eventful' - I wonder how many predicted the right number of safety cars! It was a shame to see Hamilton lose the race for a silly reason, and rather concerning to see Vettel's appalling reaction to his own mistake. I thought he'd matured somewhat in the last couple of seasons, but apparently not.

Austria next in 2 weeks, with Silverstone just around the corner...

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks, it's now two weeks later, and time for the Austrian GP. So as usual, I will say this only once...

And may I remind you of what the pole position prediction actuially means; From fantasygp

***Note: Pole Position is the driver who is officially classified as being on 1st place in the starting grid going by official FIA classification. If a driver has the fastest time on Saturday but has a penalty, they won’t be on Pole Position so Pole Position prediction points will be awarded to the driver who does eventually have Pole Position when the lights go out on Sunday.

You might want to consider the implications of the above and the news of Hamilton's unauthorised gearbox change when deciding on your predictions!

So, who did what today. The channel 4 coverage must be over by now, and the results are up on fantasygp.com, so how do today's score look?

Results from Austria

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Pitts Specials john stones 164
2 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 156
3 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 148
4 iqon racing iqon racing 144
5 Essex Racing Tony Clark 137
6 FalconFormulaOne Tony Hamer 136
7 VBT Racing Yorik 133
8 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 129
9 Bernies Big Brown Envelope serepton PRO 123
10 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 106
11 Revers Racing Pete B 98
12 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 98
13 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 98
14 Slopeflyers F1 jimbo32010 83
15 teewrex John Tee 73

Top scorer today was John's Pitts Specials with 164 points. Eight points back from John was myself, and Kev brings up third place today another 8 points back.

In the next post, what does this mean for the overall championship?

After Austria, our league looks like this;

Championship Standings

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Bernies Big Brown Envelope serepton PRO 1195
2 iqon racing iqon racing 1173
3 VBT Racing Yorik 1159
4 Pitts Specials john stones 1149
5 Revers Racing Pete B 1083
6 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1067
7 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 1051
8 FalconFormulaOne Tony Hamer 1030
9 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 1025
10 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 985
11 Essex Racing Tony Clark 953
12 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 937
13 Slopeflyers F1 jimbo32010 921
14 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 911
15 teewrex John Tee 631

No change in the top three, but John's first place today takes the Pitts Specials up a place to fourth at the expense of Pete who slips a place to fifth. My second place today takes me up to 7th with Tony following me up to 8th and Simon slipping down to 9th.

Carl remains in 10th but Tony's Essex Racing move up from 13th to 11th, pushing Charles down a place to 12th and Jimbo's slopeflyers down to 13th. There's no change to 14th or 15th places.

Next up is Silverstone in only a week's time. Don't forget your predictions!

I'm sure we don't need reminding this week as we get ready for the British GP. But, just in case...

It looks like Mercedes are the team to beat at Silverstone, and this weekend it's Bottas' turn to suffer a 5-place grid penalty for a gearbox change. So make your predictions bearing that in mind!  Remember,  the pole place prediction is for the driver who starts on pole on Sunday - not necessarily the one who recorded the fastest time in Q3...

Edited By John Privett on 14/07/2017 23:14:00

The results are in, and half my predictions fell apart in the closing laps! But here is how we scored today;

Results from Great Britain

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 205
2 Bernies Big Brown Envelope serepton PRO 157
3 Essex Racing Tony Clark 138
4 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 134
5 FalconFormulaOne Tony Hamer 128
6 iqon racing iqon racing 128
7 VBT Racing Yorik 122
8 teewrex John Tee 120
9 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 119
10 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 118
11 Pitts Specials john stones 113
12 Revers Racing Pete B 102
13 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 100
14 Slopeflyers F1 jimbo32010 94
15 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 93

Simon is out top scorer today with an impressive 205 points, only 2 points short of the overall top score today, and indeed the second highest score in Fantasygp.com today out of 9857 entrants! Well done Simon.

Second with 157 points is serepton and third with 138 Tony Clark's Essex Racing.

In the next post we'll see how this affects the overall table.

Overall the table now looks like this;

Championship Standings

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Bernies Big Brown Envelope serepton PRO 1352
2 iqon racing iqon racing 1301
3 VBT Racing Yorik 1281
4 Pitts Specials john stones 1262
5 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 1230
6 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1186
7 Revers Racing Pete B 1185
8 FalconFormulaOne Tony Hamer 1158
9 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 1151
10 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 1103
11 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1091
12 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 1045
13 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1030
14 Slopeflyers F1 jimbo32010 1015
15 teewrex John Tee 751

No change in the top four today, but Simon's great result moves him up from 9th to 5th. Kev remains in 6th but Pete is pushed down two places to 7th. Eighth place sees no change but I drop two places to 9th.

10th and 11th are unchanged and Gary's Flying Eagles soar up from 14th to 12th. Charles and Jimbo slip a place each, to 13th and 14th respectively and John Tee remains in 15th.

Next up is Hungary in two weeks time. I shall be in Vancouver during the week leading up to the race so I might not get a chance to remind you to do your predictions. That's no excuse though, I want all predictions done in plenty of time... wink 2 Why not go and do them now? As for the race, I'll be on a ship heading to Alaska so goodness-knows how or when I'll get a chance to post the results! I'm sure I'll find a way though, even if I don't get to see the race which starts at 1pm UK-time (but 5am Vancouver time and 4am Alaska time!)

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, a little earlier than usual... It's just coming up to 6pm. here on a sunny, warm afternoon on the ferry heading back to Vancouver from Vancouver Island so I'd better issue my customary reminder now in caseI don't get a chance to before it's too late!
DON'T FORGET YOUR PREDICTIONS!
I've already done mine and I'll be en route to Alaska when the race is on so not sure when I'll be able to post the results...