Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Just a reminder, Chris, that not everyone has had the opportunity to see the race live - UK non-Sky customers can't start watching the race until 1930 CET.....smile o

I've got the F1TV subscription to watch live via the internet here in France, not available in all countries, so I'm OK. I think it's best to wait for John P to put up the results when the highlights programme finishes before any hints/spoilers, ta! thumbs up

Pete

Advert

... you're very welcome, Young Man... (please note the capital fonts).

... regarding the 'bugs', they tried earlier, Pete. No luck for them though, still alive and (slowly !) kicking. wink

On a side note, do you remember that you posted that 'head pic' when I started my F-86 Sabre thread? Do you happen to visit the blog sometimes?

Cheers & take care

Chris

Well, well, well... The results are out on fantasygp.com and I must confess to being surprised!

Here they are;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 2020 Vision johnpflyrc 157
2 Pitts Specials john stones 137
3 PSS Power Flyer 136
4 teewrex John Tee 133
5 Revers Racing Pete B 121
6 GASTON Formula Chris McG 117
7 Roos Racers rk295 109
8 Torque of the devil Stu 106
9 Crashtestdummies Brake Test 106
10 Iqonic racing iqon 105
11 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 95
12 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 89
13 Essex Racing Tony Clark 87
14 AeroArrows Bondaero 83
15 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 60
16 The improved Webby Racing team Simon Webb 0

I'm not quite sure how I did that, but I seem to have grabbed top place today. Don't worry, it won't last - there's only one direction I can head! I think I benefited mainly from places gained, as all my drivers finished, in a race with an alarming number of retirements.

So we get to re-run the race all over again next weekend at the same location, under the title "Styrian Grand Prix".

Posted by McG 6969 on 05/07/2020 18:47:47:

On a side note, do you remember that you posted that 'head pic' when I started my F-86 Sabre thread? Do you happen to visit the blog sometimes?

Yes - are you now going to tell me that the character standing there is actually a photograph of you and that your avatar pic is that of a cool-looking friend?teeth 2

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 05/07/2020 21:27:26:

Yes - are you now going to tell me that the character standing there is actually a photograph of you and that your avatar pic is that of a cool-looking friend?

... no, not at all, Pete. laugh

My head pic, the one you posted, represents the genuine Gaston Lagaffe, with only a new red pullover instead of that old green one that he's wearing normally. Anyhow he's a lot more 'reputable' than I am. wink

My avatar is a homemade Japanese manga-style interpretation of... myself. Including some wrinkles, my specs and grey hair the way it looks when just emerging out of bed... surprise

Cheers & keep safe

Chris

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 06/07/2020 13:00:05:

Let's hope it doesn't last.....face 20

Pete

Thanks for that, Pete! smile p

But don't worry, that's my flash of brilliance/luck over for the season - so you're right, it won't last! But hey... I'm happy at the moment to be ranked "63 out of 9000+" on fantasygp.

As for predictions... just think what I could have done if I'd got even one right - best I got was a "nearly" for predicting Bottas in 2nd. The rest were all just plain wrong!

I guess that Simon's "The improved Webby Racing team" has not been selected yet, as well as missing his predictions. I reckon he's just giving us a head-start.

Right then folks, after months of no F1, it's time to get used to the races coming through thick and fast! And so we have another weekend in Austria, but this time it's labelled the Styrian GP.

So, Don't forget your predictions!

But what to predict? Results from P1 and P2 look very different to what we were seeing last weekend... Perez in the Racing Point heading-up P1, with Verstappen 2nd, followed by Bottas and Hamilton. P2 led by Verstappen with Hamilton 6th.

Qualifying and the race are the same times as last weekend, though rain is forecast for Saturday which could disrupt qualifying...

The results are now on fantasygp, and the channel4 coverage is winding down, having reached the end of the race. So here's how we all did today!

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 228
2 Crashtestdummies Brake Test 183
3 Revers Racing Pete B 182
4 Essex Racing Tony Clark 171
5 GASTON Formula Chris McG 165
6 Pitts Specials john stones 164
7 Iqonic racing iqon 159
8 Torque of the devil Stu 157
9 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 150
10 2020 Vision johnpflyrc 141
11 PSS Power Flyer 137
12 Roos Racers rk295 112
13 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 97
14 AeroArrows Bondaero 68
15 teewrex John Tee 47
16 The improved Webby Racing team Simon Webb 0

Some impressively high numbers at the top of the list today - though the high score on fantasygp was also rather high today at 258. Well done to Charles for his 228 point win and to 'Brake Test' (sorry, not sure that is in real life!) and to Pete for second and third on 183 and 182 points respectively.

Up next, how many places in the overall league have I fallen? smile o

Here is the table after today's race;

Pos Gain/loss Team Manager Pts
1 +4 Revers Racing Pete B 303
2 - Pitts Specials john stones 301
3 -2 2020 Vision johnpflyrc 298
4 +5 Crashtestdummies Brake Test 289
5 +10 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 288
6 - GASTON Formula Chris McG 282
7 -4 PSS Power Flyer 273
8 +2 Iqonic racing iqon 264
9 -1 Torque of the devil Stu 263
10 +3 Essex Racing Tony Clark 258
11 - Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 245
12 -5 Roos Racers rk295 221
13 -1 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 186
14 -10 teewrex John Tee 180
15 -1 AeroArrows Bondaero 151
16 - The improved Webby Racing team Simon Webb 0

So Pete storms to the top taking a slim 2 point lead over John S, with me 3 points further back.

Lots of shuffling of places with Charles gaining 10 places, but John Tee falling the same number.

Next weekend it's Hungary, then we have a weekend off before the next 2 races at Silverstone.

Congrats to Pete to take the lead of our league and to the Johns for being his wingmen. yes

It looks like I decided to start this season in a very discrete mid-field position, but for the better I really need to improve my predictions.

Same as John S, with only two 'nearly's... crying

Cheers

Chris