Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Well, at least this was a real unpredictable exercise at Baku's 'graves yard'...

No idea if the Channel 4 covering has ended already, but I suppose John P is still cleaning the debris around Her Majesty's heliport...

"Patience still is a quality", they say in French.

Cheers

Chris

Well... that was a race with more than a touch of drama!  Channel 4's coverage is well over by now, so here is how we all scored today;

Pos

League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 162
2 4 0 Igoronic racing iqon 154
3 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 153
4 7 3 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 142
5 9 0 Torque of the devil Stu 108
6 5 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 106
7 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 105
8 8 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 94
9 2 1 Pitts Specials john stones 92
10 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 80
11 11 0 teewrex John Tee 66
12 10 2 Revers Racing Pete B 51
13 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 48

Chris takes top spot today with 162 points.  Well done Chris!  How anybody could score a 3-figure result in today's race is beyond me - but more of that in a moment!

Second is Iqon with 154 points and close behind on 153 is Glenn.  Well done to both of you as well.

Six of us managed to only get double-digit scores today,  and today Pete and myself seemed to be battling for last place,  with me winning that particular battle with one of my lowest scores aver - and that was with putting in some predictions...  At least I got the safety cars and the position of the lead Ferrari right in the predictions otherwise it would have been even worse.

I'm not sure I dare look at the overall table...  But here it is;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 952
2 2 1 Pitts Specials john stones 907
3 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 897
4 4 0 Igoronic racing iqon 859
5 5 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 805
6 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 780
7 7 3 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 749
8 8 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 741
9 9 0 Torque of the devil Stu 722
10 10 2 Revers Racing Pete B 668
11 11 0 teewrex John Tee 663
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 641
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 599

And there's a change at the top with Chris's result today taking him up a place to top spot.  John S slips a place and is now second with a 45-point gap from Chris.  The next 4 places are unchanged, but powering his way up 3 places to 7th is Kev after his 4th place today.  Making way for Kev are Charles, down 1 place to 8th and Pete, down 2 places to 10th, leaving Stu unchanged in 9th.  The final trio remain unchanged.

Up next in two weeks is the French GP at the Circuit Paul Ricard.  Bonne chance tout le monde!

1 hour ago, McG 6969 said:

No idea if the Channel 4 covering has ended already, but I suppose John P is still cleaning the debris around Her Majesty's heliport...

"Patience still is a quality", they say in French.

Just spotted your comment Chris!  ? 

It was a bit of a busy day today...  I went for my daily bike ride immediately after the race and then on the Downs for some flying this evening.  You almost wouldn't know (for a change!) that the Derby had been held there the previous day.  I did pass by there yesterday afternoon just as the race was taking place,  and the heliport which normally has an ATC cabin,  fuel bowser and 20 to 30 helicopters consisted of simply 3 helis - nothing else...  A very scaled-down global sporting event indeed!

Many thanks to Admin John P once more.

... and sorry to John S for stealing his 'yellow shirt'... no worries, it's still a long way to Tipp ... Abu Dhabi...  ?

My team did a really great job. Except Max of course, but we won't blame him, can we? ...

Let's prepare the Ricard... or another brand of pastis...

Cheers

Chris

Update - point have changed

" Update – Monday Morning : Points have been adjusted since Latifi’s post race penalty dropped him to 16th, removing his 3 bonus points and Williams’ 1 bonus point, gifting Haas 2 more bonus points along with MSC and MAZ both gaining 3 further bonus points. "

Havent noticed a difference in places, just a few points won / lost.

" first three points on his F1 super-licence, in addition to a 30-second time penalty in the race which meant he finished 16th and last of those still running rather than 13th."

Edited by iqon

Thanks Iqon for bringing that to our attention!  

So, a few points here and there... Iqon loses 3 points and Glenn gains the same number - which reverses their finishing positions for Sunday's race - Glenn was now second with Iqon third.

Tony gains 2 points,  Charles gains 3, but John S loses 3 points.  Simon and I both gain 2 points and finally Pete loses 3 points,  winning the battle between he and I for last place on Sunday!

The overall placings in the table are unchanged.

• 2 weeks later...

Another weekend,  another GP! 

France this weekend,  at the Circuit Paul Ricard. So first, the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

Mercedes headed P1 today, with Bottas taking top spot ahead of Hamilton. Red Bull filled the next 2 places.  P2 saw Verstappen ahead of Bottas by a mere 0.008 seconds, with Hamilton a quarter of a second back.

P3 is at 11:00 BST tomorrow, with qualifying and the race at 14:00 tomorrow and Sunday.

Bonne chance tout le monde!

Edited by John Privett

14 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Cheers Del boy, toot le mange.

... ??? ...

... sorry, but my English isn't that good I'm afraid, dear John S...

or did you compensate the England vs Scotland game with some distilled Highlands' stuff??? ...

Cheers (anyhow)

Chris

... I can imagine Google Translate isn't the perfect 'teacher', Igor...  ?

Btw, I just watched F3 at Paul Ricard. Mild rain during half the race.

Predictions are for rain again between 14 > 15 hours CET, meaning that F1 should start 'dry'.

But of course the previous rubber has been washed from the track which will mean a slippery/non-grip 'green' track again.  ?

Bonne chance à tous & cheers

Chris

Right then...  we'll probably leave the French phrases for now, before somebody comes up with "my hovercraft is full of eels" (Wasn't that a Monty Pythonism?)

Anyway,  I've been away for the weekend - a concept I had almost forgotten about over the past 14 or 15 months.  Consequently I missed the race as I was eating in a restaurant in Birmingham when the race started, and driving down the M40 when it finished.  As an aside, I think my car has covered more miles this weekend than it had done in the rest of the year so far...  Anyway, whilst I have no idea how the race went,  thanks to the 'nice' lady reading the news on the radio at 4 o'clock, I do know the result - or at least the first two places.  I may catch up with the race itself later today or tomorrow.

In the meantime here is how we all scored today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 4 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 181
2 1 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 177
3 2 0 Pitts Specials john stones 170
4 7 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 166
5 10 0 Revers Racing Pete B 165
6 8 1 Torque of the devil Stu 160
7 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 156
8 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 152
9 5 1 Igoronic racing iqon 127
10 11 0 teewrex John Tee 127
11 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 118
12 9 2 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 105
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb

Top scorer today was Tony with 181 points.  4 points behind on 177 was Chris with John S a further 7 points back on 170.

Well done to today's top 3!

All of us except Simon scored 3-digit scores today.

This leaves the overall shart looking like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1125
2 2 0 Pitts Specials john stones 1071
3 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 1051
4 4 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 988
5 5 1 Igoronic racing iqon 983
6 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 933
7 7 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 909
8 8 1 Torque of the devil Stu 881
9 9 2 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 852
10 10 0 Revers Racing Pete B 826
11 11 0 teewrex John Tee 788
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 761
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 665

Not many changes today,  Chris remains top with John S in second and Glenn in third.

Tony's win today moves him up a place to 4th at the expense of Iqon.

The other movers today are Charles and Stu, moving up to 7th and 8th respectively,  meaning that Kev slips two places to 9th.

Next up is Austria for the next 2 weekends, and Silverstone 2 weeks later.  Don't forget your predictions!

Edited by John Privett
typo!
  • Like 1