Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Right then,  pay attention!  It's now Friday evening at the start of another GP weekend,  this time in Italy.  So time for the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

Mercedes have topped both practice sessions today,  but it's Bottas who was fastest both times.  P3 is at 10:00 BST with qualifying at 13:00.  The race on Sunday starts at 14:00

• Like 1

With the Channel 4 coverage safely finished it's time to reveal the results from today's race;

image.png.2d1ebdb07f6552a07dcafd3e31da2c8e.png

Top place with 161 points goes to John S - well done John!

9 points back on 152 is John Tee,  with Chris only 2 points further back.

The rest of us trail along behind,  with he-who-shall-remain-nameless propping up the scores today with a dismal 103 points... 

In the next post,  how does this affect the overall table?

The table now looks like this after today's race;

image.png.cc08f074df592341005c86127b75ab2a.png

The top three remain unchanged,  with John S leading, ahead of Glenn and Chris.

Ade moves up 1 to 4th, with Tony moving up 2 places to 5th.  This means that somebody has dropped places to make way for them, and it's Pete who's dropped 2 places to 6th with Kev also dropping a place to 7th.

A little further down, Iqon moves up a place to 9th with John Tee moving up 2 to 10th.  Simon remains in 11th, but it's me who suffers the biggest drop today, 3 places down to 12th.  I'm now battling with Charles for last place...

Regardless of our scores, an eventful race!  Next up is Portugal in two weeks' time.

Watched the race and saw nearly all my predictions go down the pan and thought I might just get a few bonus points and end up with what I think is my second best score in the league, so well chuffed. Not got any ideas about repeating that so not hoping to rise to much further as I am used to being near or at the bottom.

Well done John S.

John

Congrats to John S once more - this should be enough now.  ?

... and well done to John T as well... keep the faith now!

Mixed feelings here with my predictions, but it could have been worse, I guess...

Thanks again to John P for his dedication... and next time better, young man.

Cheers

Chris

It seems Kimi was given a 30-second penalty after the race.  I do recall it being mentioned that he would be investigated for regaining the places he lost when he went for his little spin whilst on the lap behind the safety car before the restart.  It seems I gained 5 points for that!

This means the revised points score for Sunday is now as follows;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1  Pitts Specials john stones 164
2 11 2 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 158
3 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 155
4 10 2 teewrex John Tee 154
5 4 1 PSS Power Flyer 150
6 3 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 143
7 6 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 137
8 7 1 Torque of the devil Stu 135
9 5 1 Revers Racing Pete B 132
10 9 1 Igoronic racing iqon 127
11 8 2 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 118
12 12 3 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 108
13 13 2 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 106

and the revised overall standings looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1  Pitts Specials john stones 339
2 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 317
3 3 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 316
4 4 1 PSS Power Flyer 285
5 5 1 Revers Racing Pete B 268
6 6 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 260
7 7 1 Torque of the devil Stu 255
8 8 2 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 244
9 9 1 Igoronic racing iqon 241
10 10 2 teewrex John Tee 241
11 11 2 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 230
12 12 3 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 228
13 13 2 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 215
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

What do we think about the new “sprint qualifying”? I guess the right thing to do is try it and see how it goes. How will it look if the sprint race turns out to be an excellent, exciting race then the main Grand Prix is processional bore fest?  

Or maybe that’s the hidden agenda, perhaps F1 group want to move towards having two shorter races each weekend instead of one long Grand Prix, and step 1 in the plan is to demonstrate how much more exciting a sprint race can be?!

Haha, I’m forgetting Bernie isn’t in charge any more, surely there cannot be any secret plan involved?!

Not that sure regarding the 'sprint qualifying', Charles.

But as you wrote, let's wait & see...

One thing is for sure, the tyres quotations are far from simple for those weekends.

You nearly need an Excel sheet to find your way through it. Regular F1 viewers will be totally 'submerged', I'm afraid...

In the meantime, Portimao is next at our door... Think about your predictions, gents.  ?

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Well here we are again,  another GP weekend and this time it's Portugal.  So first, the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

Mercedes have headed both P1 and P2, but with Bottas in P1 and Hamilton in P2.  Verstappen has taken 2nd in both sessions so far.  The race is at 3pm (BST) on Sunday with qualifying at the same time tomorrow.  Final practice is at noon tomorrow.

• Like 2