Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Happy Birthday John.

Silverstone going to be interesting to predict. Verstappen appears to be dominant, although I think it would have been closer if Hamilton got last Norris earlier. Silverstone is the home track for Hamilton so he could get a boost from the home crowd. Pins at the ready!!

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks,  pay attention - a few changes this weekend!

For the first time ever,  the grid for Sunday's race will be determined by a 'Sprint Qualifying race' on Saturday.  This will be over 17 laps and starts at 16:30 UK time.  The grid for the Qualifying race was in turn decided by a conventional qualifying session held earlier today (Friday)

Now for fantasygp, the format remains the same - the usual predicions to be made and the game will be locked at the start of the Sprint Qualifying race at 16:30 BST.  More details at https://fantasygp.com/british-gp-and-sprint-qualifying/

So - I can now repeat the usual reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

The qualifying results - which determine the start order for the qualifying sprint put Hamilton on pole for that, with Verstappen second.  Bottas was third with Leclerc fourth.

I've just realised why the Channel 4 highlights are on so late today - as it's our home race they had live coverage today!  So no need to wait for the Channel 4 folks to watch the race as they've already seen it!  And here are the results in our league today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 6 1 PSS Power Flyer 139
2 11 0 Revers Racing Pete B 138
3 1 1 Pitts Specials john stones 138
4 10 0 teewrex John Tee 133
5 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 116
6 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 115
7 8 0 Torque of the devil Stu 109
8 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 106
9 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 103
10 7 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 96
11 4 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 93
12 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 89
13 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 86

First place today goes to Ade with 139 points, with both Pete B and John S right behind him on 138 points.  Well done to today's top three!

At the other end of the table 4 players only got double-digit scores today - could this affect the overal lead in the league?

Here is how the overall table looks this evening;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 1 Pitts Specials john stones 1521
2 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1499
3 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 1380
4 4 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1361
5 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 1338
6 6 1 PSS Power Flyer 1299
7 7 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1289
8 8 0 Torque of the devil Stu 1223
9 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1222
10 10 0 teewrex John Tee 1210
11 11 0 Revers Racing Pete B 1150
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1066
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 988

And indeed,  there's a change at the top.  John S's third place score and Chris's bottom place score mean that John S takes over the lead with Chris slipping to second.  Only 22 points in it though,  and still a long way to go to the end of the season!

The only other place change today is Ade taking 6th place from Charles who drops to 7th.

Next up is Hungary in 2 weeks, and then we're into the summer break.  Don't forget your predictions!

Edited by John Privett
  • Like 1

Congrats to Ade, Pete & John S.

Not my day, really. Lost my main driver during the first lap, affecting the main part of my predictions as well...

That British 'knight' never really was on my fan list, but this was totally wrong and extremely dangerous in a turn like Copse...

'Respect' will be totally absent now for the rest of the season...

Cheers & thanks John P

Chris

Well, that was a surprise!   More luck than judgement; shame it was a bad decision by both drivers that caused the copse incident. As to blame, not sure but both could have done better. Pleased that young Max is not seriously injured, as that was a significant sideways arrival! 

Reckon that was my moment of fame. 

Cheers 
Ade

Another weekend,  and the last one before the summer break - we're in Hungary this time and back to the normal qualifying procedure!  So, most importantly;

Don't forget your predictions!

P1 had Verstappen leading the way,  with Bottas and Hamilton 2nd and 3rd.  P2 say the Mercedes duo taking the top spots, still with Bottas ahead, and Verstappen third. 

P3 is at 11:00 BST tomorrow.  Qualifying and the race are at 14:00 BST tomorrow and Sunday respectively.

• Like 1

As the channel 4 coverage has now reached the end of the race, it's time to reveal our league results today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 11 0 Revers Racing Pete B 173
2 8 2 teewrex John Tee 136
3 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 129
4 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 126
5 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 121
6 9 1 Torque of the devil Stu 118
7 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 113
8 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 103
9 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 99
10 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 90
11 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 87
12 7 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 74
13 4 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 69

In first place with an impressive 173 points is Pete.  Almost 40 points behind with 136 points is John Tee, and Ade makes up our podium today taking 3rd with 129 points.

Well done to today's top three!

Not surprisingly - given the 'unusual' result today - scores were generally low, 5 players in the league only scoring in double-digits.  This makes Pete's score even more impressive.

Let's see now how today's result affects the overall table;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 1642
2 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1586
3 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1451
4 4 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 1449
5 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 1437
6 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 1428
7 7 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1363
8 8 2 teewrex John Tee 1346
9 9 1 Torque of the devil Stu 1341
10 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1325
11 11 0 Revers Racing Pete B 1323
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1192
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 1101

John S retains his lead from Chris, with an increased margin.  

There's a place swap with Tony taking 3rd from Glenn.  

And further down the table John T jumps two places to 8th, meaning that both Stu and Kev slip a place each to 9th and 10th respectively.  

Pete's win today doesn't gain him any places, but does take him to just 2 points behind Kev.  It also moves him further ahead of me!

It's now summer break time - for F1 at least.  Next up is Belgium at the end of August - Don't forget your predictions, you can even do a set now if you want.

• Like 1

Well done Pete B. good score in the circumstances.

Two races in a row that my man has been taken out at the first corner. Indirectly today by the same team as last time. So much for predictions, though pleased with my results.

Enjoy the month off everyone.

John

Quick update...

It seems Vettel has now been disqualified from the Hungarian GP due to fuel issues.  The FIA were unable to extract the required litre of fuel after the race for analysis,  only 0.3 litres could be taken.  This has resulted in Vettel being disqualified.  Aston Martin have stated that they intend to appeal against the decision.

At the moment the results on fantasygp have not been amended in line with this development.

• Like 1