Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Just Checked the results I got an amazing 190points and beat Johnp but...........Rob Lewis' s F1 legends seems to have come from nowhere with an extra 100points making him 1st!! Can that be right he must have got all predictions right to do that as I only got 3rd position wrong but the rest all right.

I'm not sure the points are worked out right I could be wrong

Yep - looks like Adam's got the fastest lap scores wrong... I've been given 25 points for Vettel (not) getting fastest lap too. I won't post the table yet as it's clearly wrong, I'll email Adam - though I'm sure many others will have noticed too. Rob's score (at the moment) puts him in the top 5 overall for today!

Hmmmm,i fear my score may well drop a bit, although i did have a fantastic result. smiley

I got pole and podium positions right, as well as no safety cars, so would of got a good haul, but i'm also in the "Vettel always get fastest lap" club, so if that was incorrectly included then.....minus 25 points for that and minus 75 bonus points for getting all predictions right will drop my score down a tad sad

Rob, it just shows how much difference one little detail can make in this comp! A season or two ago, I had a great score (top 6 overall, IIRC) in one race. But if I'd just made one prediction differently I could have had the third highest single-race score of the entire season. If's, and maybe's, eh? dont know

But even so, Rob, looks like you still got a great result today.

273 points if my maths works smiley

You 2 have some company up there at the top now.

It was luck i got the podium right, initially i had Vettel, Webber, Alonso, but at the last minute had a change of heart and swapped 2nd and 3rd. Usually i stick with my prediction, but that change made me 100 points.

I must admit i'm not a vettel fan, but i was willing him to put his foot down in the last couple of laps.

Well when the final calculations are in it will still be my best result and will actually bring me back into the leaque rather than hanging onto the bottom of it, so a good day for me. Remains to be seen what position I now have in the league but I'm definitely pushing for an overtake.

Ian

Right, corrections have been made and here's the amended table;

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Roos Racers

rk295

Revers Racing

Pete B

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Norfolk Flyers

nss

So, some substantial points scores today. Our best score of the day was 273 by Rob, moving him up one place to 2nd in the league. Second best of the day was Ian with 220 lifting him up off bottom place into 7th. Jacob was 3rd with 170 points but no change in position. Tony was 4th with 165, enough to gain one place to re-take the top spot in the league. 5th was Pete with 119, but no place change. I could only manage 6th with 117 points and a disastrous 2-place drop to third. Norfolk's 89 points was 7th best today and a one place drop. In mid-table Rob could only score 71, but survives with no loss of position.

Well, we got there in the end... Only 36 points seperate the top 3, then a little bit of a gap to 4th. But with the difference between the highest and lowest scores in the league today being over 200 points things can rapidly change.

Singapore next in 2 weeks time. I spoke to my sister who is on holiday there today. But strangely she was unable to offer any "inside tips" for the race. So I guess it's back to pin-sticking again! teeth 2

[UPDATE]  Just noticed,  even after the adjustments, Rob's score is in the Badger top 10 for Italy,  at number 8  Well done, Rob!

Edited By John Privett on 09/09/2013 00:53:06

• 2 weeks later...

Right then... It's now two weeks later than it was two weeks ago wink 2 and time for the customary reminder!

So DON'T FORGET.... well, you know the rest by now.

P1 saw Hamilton fastest, P2 had Vettel at the front. We've got P3 and qualifying tomorrow, so you could wait until after P3 if you think that's going to help! Qualifying is slightly later than normal at 2pm UK time, so get your predictions in by then. 1pm as usual for the race on Sunday.

I did not take 25 points, I went with my heart and Hamilton but unsurprisingly it did not come into fruition.

This F1 season has frankly been rather dull, when you know who will get pole after Friday practice 2 it isn't very interesting. Vettel's won the championship and he deserves it, he has the best car/team and he has driven faultlessly. He'll win this race bar car failure or all the lights going out I think, hopefully someone will at least challenge. Hopefully next year with new engines, new 160hp ERS for much longer in the lap and some aerodynamic tweaks it will be a better championship battle like 2007 and 2008.

CS

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 21/09/2013 18:30:27:

I can assure you I take no pleasure in bagging the first 25 points

Nor do I. But it's 25 points in the bag! wink 2

And on current form I think another 50 points from my predictions tomorrow look very likely. I'm rather less sure though about my predictions for 2nd, 3rd and no. of safety cars ...

I picked up my first 25 points of the weekend too, hope there's more ! Looks like Paul De-Resta has let me down already (as he did last time) so I'm banking on a good showing from the rest of my team. Gave up goin with may heart a few races ago and my results have been much better for it, eeh I'm dead 'ard I am wink 2.

Chin up CS, how many times has Hamilton made pole this season? Vettel hasn't had it all his own way but it is the way things go. Even lowly and sometimes unkown teams (Hesketh for example) have their moments of fame and the top teams get in the doldrums (WIliiams, Tyrell and others) -dominance doesn't last forever and as you say who is to know who will get he most out of next year's spec.

I'd like to see an end to all this messing about with tyres myself. I undertsand the various reason for grooves, then not grooves, then different compounds etc but I think all those reasons have detracted from the basic principle of driver against driver team against team.

Posted by Ian Jones on 21/09/2013 21:20:09:

Chin up CS, how many times has Hamilton made pole this season? Vettel hasn't had it all his own way but it is the way things go. Even lowly and sometimes unkown teams (Hesketh for example) have their moments of fame and the top teams get in the doldrums (WIliiams, Tyrell and others) -dominance doesn't last forever and as you say who is to know who will get he most out of next year's spec.

That was just as bad when Mercedes got pole all the time, and they couldn't realistically challenge for the win most of the time. And anyway, they can't push in the race because of the tyres and overtaking is a case of driving to the DRS zone. Red Bull have been in a class of their own for four years (deservedly so, they have been the best) and I'm bored, much like the Schumacher years. Clearly Hamilton is getting frustrated with it as well from his interviews, if next year is the same then then it won't be worth watching.

CS

No jumped start from my viewpoint - Alonso just streamed past the others into the first corner.

Incident on lap 24(ish) - that's my safety car prediction out of the window and one of my drivers out...crook

Still, on th epositive side it's brought Vetell's lead down to nothing (for now anyway.) Will they get the whole race done within the 2 hours though?