Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

I haven't looked yet - just finished watching the race (recorded as I went to Wings 'n' Wheels) I guess Adam ("Mr badgergp" ) was quite probably at Silverstone, hence any delay in posting the tables.

Heck, what a race though... Even if that was (as Martin Brundle said) for all the wrong reasons! My prediction of NO safety cars looks a bit silly now, as does putting Vettel for the win and fastest lap! (Not that I'm toooooo upset about his transmission failure!teeth 2)

Edited By John Privett on 30/06/2013 20:55:24

Right! As Robin said, the results are in!

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Roos Racers

rk295

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Revers Racing

Pete B

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

Norfolk Flyers

nss

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Now give me a few minutes whilst I do my sums and I'll let you who did well, and who did errr, less well!

As expected I got an Average score of 102, but not unhappy with it.

I predicted no safety car, vettel for fastest lap and Pole. With the Podium as follows 1st Vettel, 2nd Nico, 3rd Webber. I didn't get one right, hopefully better next time.

So, top scorer today in our league is Roos Racers with a very creditable 158 points - (equal 66th score in the entire league)

Second best on the day was Pete's Revers Racing (129 points) with myself in third (116 points.)

Ian was 4th with 112, Jacob 5th with 107, Team Typhoon 6th with 102, Norfolk 7th with 85 and Rob 8th with 75.

The mid-place points scores were quite close with only 14 points between 3rd and 6th and Team Typhoon hold on to the top spot in the league.

Roos Racers have jumped above Rob's F1 Legends and Jacob's Speedbird Concorde has jumped ahead of Norfolk Flyers - these were the only two position changes in our league.

Next week Germany - fingers crossed for a race less dominated by tyres.

Edited By John Privett on 30/06/2013 21:41:15

Posted by Erfolg on 06/07/2013 18:55:43:

I have just seen qualification. Whoever said that cheats do not prosper, really got it wrong.

I missed the first session of quali and didn't see anything in the other sessions that I can see would constitute cheating. What did I miss?

Pete - I think you've got the right idea! I setup a set of "banker" predictions earlier this week. I fully intended to modify them in light of the performances in free practice, but didn't want to risk having no predictions given that this was going to be a busy weekend for me. Sure enough, I never did get to change them! And so far, so good with the original predictions - I got pole right anyway! (Not sure that my prediction of 2 safety cars is likely to be proven correct though!)

Once again I'm going to be late posting the results table (assuming badgergp aren't even later than me like last week!) so bear with me please... I won't get to see the race live (father-in-laws 85th birthday lunch) and I will be out in the evening too. Hopefully I'll get to see the recording of the race sometime tonight and post the table after that!

Fingers crossed for a good race - back later!

Right - fairly eventful race, I only got half the number of safety cars that I predicted, and my other predictions fell by the wayside too. My second worst points score of the season.

So the table looks like this;

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

Roos Racers

rk295

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Revers Racing

Pete B

Norfolk Flyers

nss

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

Give me a few minutes to do some sums and I'll be back with who did what!

Best score of the day in our league is 124 by Roos Racers, 2nd best Norfolk Flyers with 116 and Revers Racing in 3rd with 110 points.

Rob's F1 Legends 4th with 101, Ian's IPJnetF1 5th with 95, myself 6th with 86, TeamTyphoon 7th with 82 and Speedbird Concorde 8th with 65.

So strong results from the mid-table runners, but the only position changes are both Norfolk and IPJnetF1 moving up a place and Speedbird Concorde dropping down 2.

Three weeks until Hungary, then the summer break. Still a lot of the season left and anything can happen!

Edited By John Privett on 07/07/2013 18:49:40

• 3 weeks later...

Right then, it's 3 weeks later than it was 3 weeks ago, and we've got another F1 weekend ahead of us. So that only means one thing. Yes, the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

Leave them until after P3 if you want, but don't leave it until too late. And fingers crossed that P1 and P2 aren't giving an accurate picture of how the race will progress...

Just done mine. Sticking with my team for this race and probably the firts one after the break, pretty sure there will be changes after that.

For this weekend it all looks a bit cut and dry at the moment but Hungary does throw up surprises - hopefully I've made some good choices and give Norfolk Flyers a run for their money.

Ian