Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

I'm in the same boat, I thinksad Not for the first time this season, I've correctly predicted the first three, but not necessarily in the correct order - although I'm improving - one of the three was correctteeth 2

Apart from that, two DNF's and a few travelling in the wrong direction from their start positions have made it a forgettable weekend.........crying 2

Pete

Ok then (drum roll sound effect...) here is the table after today's race;

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 TeamTyphoon typhoontone 1138
2 JohnPs plodders JohnP 1117
3 Roos Racers rk295 1085
4 F1 Legends Rob Lewis 1024
5 Revers Racing Pete B 968
6 Norfolk Flyers nss 868
7 Speedbird Concorde F1 Jacob Cleverley 850
8 IPjnet F1 Ian Jones 794

As usual, give me a few minutes to do my sums and work out how badly we all did today!

So, once again the best performances in our league come from the mid-table runners with both Rob and Pete scoring 118 points to head our league's points score for Hungary. Now it would obviously be insensitive of me to point out that the Badger best score for Hungary was more than double that at 241 points. So clearly I won't mention it...wink 2

I seem to have got the third best score with 112 (not sure how!) and Roos Racers take 4th with 93 points.

Snapping at the Roos heels today are TeamTyphoon and Speedbird Concorde F1 sharing 5th place on 92 points.

Norfolk Flyers scored 69 for 7th and Ian seems to have had a weekend to forget occupying last place today with 24 points.

As a result, all league places remain unchanged except for the bottom two who swap places.

And now the mid-season break. Half-way there, but still a lot can change!

• 4 weeks later...

Right, last-minute decision, I'm off to the Nats for the day tomorrow (I've kept saying I'll go one year, so why not this year!)

So I won't get to see the race until late Sunday night. If anyone wants to post the league table after the race that's obviously fine - if not I'll post it after I've seen the race along with the usual gainers/losers analysis.

Oops! I guess going a week too late might have been marginally worse!

Well, not perhaps as good a race as hoped for, though not without a few incidents! No results yet (a bit early) on badger, and if the car continues to behave I'll be going flying shortly. (At least that's only a 3-mile journey if things go wrong, not the 150+ to Barkston!) I'll post results when I return.

Hmm, not the best race of the season - I was hoping some rain would turn up to breath a bit more interest into it......sad

Losing 3 drivers and 2 cars from my teams means I'm not holding my breath for the points, either.....crying 2

There's always next time, I suppose....smile

Pete

So the results are in, and a few changes in our league!

First, the table after Belgium;

Pos

Team

Manager

Pts

JohnPs plodders

JohnP

TeamTyphoon

typhoontone

F1 Legends

Rob Lewis

Roos Racers

rk295

Revers Racing

Pete B

Speedbird Concorde F1

Jacob Cleverley

Norfolk Flyers

nss

IPjnet F1

Ian Jones

So, a "solid" result from my cars and drivers with a "so-so" set of predictions gives me the best score today with 182, beating typhoonetone's score of 149 and meaning we swap places in the league.

Rob's 147 and Jacob's 113 move each of them up a position too.

Norfolk's 88 and Roos Racers 78 aren't enough to avoid losing a place, whilst Ian's 77 leaves him with a little ground to make up.

What can I say about Pete, that he hasn't already said himself? smile o Looks to have been a bit of a nightmare for you today! 57 points, but look on the positive side - no league places lost.

Eight races still to go, and time for lots to change in the league. Monza is up next in 2 weeks, I'll be back to remind you about your predictions! wink 2